Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Pull out multiple files from DB table and redirect all those files to a differetn directory? Post 302373545 by ss3944 on Friday 20th of November 2009 04:40:22 PM
Old 11-20-2009
Thanks for ur reply Jim..

I ve got DB2 database

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to multiple files.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and have a question. I would like to redirect the output of a command to multiple files, each file holding the exact same copy. From what I read from the bash manpage and from some searching it seems it cannot be done within the shell except setting up a loop. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbkihong
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can you redirect multiple files for input?

I have a program that is reading strings into a vector from a file. Currently I am using this command: a.out < file1 The program runs and prints the contents of the vector to the screen, like its supposed to. The problem is that it needs to read in 3 files to fill the vector. Is there anyway... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matrix_Prime
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect files to a directory

i have some 2000 files and i want to redirect it to a dir after i give the command find . -mtime -15 -print it gives some 2000 files file1.DAT file2.DAT : : : file2000.DAT ------------------------------------------------------------------------how to redirect all these 2000 files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect multiple input files?

I have a program that runs like "cat f1 - f2 -", I need to write shell script to run the program whose standard input will be redirected from 2 files. I spend a whole day on it, but didn't figure out. Can someone help me out? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: microstarwwx
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect stdin stdout to multiple files

Hi, i know how to a) redirect stdout and stderr to one file, b) and write to two files concurrently with same output using tee command Now, i want to do both the above together. I have a script and it should write both stdout and stderr in one file and also write the same content to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string from multiple dir and redirect to new files

Hi, I am new to script and I want find one string from multiple files in diff directories and put that out put to new file. Like I have A,B & C directories and each has multiple files but one file is unic in all the directories like COMM.txt Now I want write script to find the string... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahessh123
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Table name from a list of files in a Directory

Hi , I have searched through the forum but not able to find out any help :( i have a directory having lot of files which contains sql statemtns eg : file 1 contains select from table_name1 where ..................... select from table_name2 where .......... select from ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trendz
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I use grep to pull incremental data and send to multiple files?

Hi Everyone, Im currently using the below code to pull data from a large CSV file and put it into smaller files with just the data associated with the number that I "grep". grep 'M053' test.csv > test053.csv Is there a way that I can use grep to run through my file like the example below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheStruggle
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load multiple files into a table

Hi, I need to load data from two files to a single table. My requirement is that I get two files in which a few column data are manadatory. These files are identified based on the file name. For example, I have two files ABCFile and BCDFile. ABCFile has mandatory data in column 3 and 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reshma15193
0 Replies
DB2_TABLE_PRIVILEGES(3) 						 1						   DB2_TABLE_PRIVILEGES(3)

db2_table_privileges - Returns a result set listing the tables and associated privileges in a database

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_table_privileges (resource $connection, [string $qualifier], [string $schema], [string $table_name]) DESCRIPTION
Returns a result set listing the tables and associated privileges in a database. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid connection to an IBM DB2, Cloudscape, or Apache Derby database. o $qualifier - A qualifier for DB2 databases running on OS/390 or z/OS servers. For other databases, pass NULL or an empty string. o $schema - The schema which contains the tables. This parameter accepts a search pattern containing _ and % as wildcards. o $table_name - The name of the table. This parameter accepts a search pattern containing _ and % as wildcards. RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource with a result set containing rows describing the privileges for the tables that match the specified parame- ters. The rows are composed of the following columns: +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Column name | | | | | | | Description | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | TABLE_CAT | | | | | | | The catalog that contains the table. The value is | | | NULL if this table does not have catalogs. | | | | |TABLE_SCHEM | | | | | | | Name of the schema that contains the table. | | | | | TABLE_NAME | | | | | | | Name of the table. | | | | | GRANTOR | | | | | | | Authorization ID of the user who granted the | | | privilege. | | | | | GRANTEE | | | | | | | Authorization ID of the user to whom the privi- | | | lege was granted. | | | | | PRIVILEGE | | | | | | | The privilege that has been granted. This can be | | | one of ALTER, CONTROL, DELETE, INDEX, INSERT, | | | REFERENCES, SELECT, or UPDATE. | | | | |IS_GRANTABLE | | | | | | | A string value of "YES" or "NO" indicating | | | whether the grantee can grant the privilege to | | | other users. | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
db2_column_privileges(3), db2_columns(3), db2_foreign_keys(3), db2_primary_keys(3), db2_procedure_columns(3), db2_procedures(3), db2_spe- cial_columns(3), db2_statistics(3), db2_tables(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_TABLE_PRIVILEGES(3)