Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Pull out multiple files from DB table and redirect all those files to a differetn directory? Post 302373528 by ss3944 on Friday 20th of November 2009 03:54:24 PM
Old 11-20-2009
How to Pull out multiple files from DB table and redirect all those files to a differetn directory?

Hi everyone!!

I have a database table, which has file_name as one of its fields.
Example:

File_ID File_Name Directory Size
0001 UNO_1232 /apps/opt 234
0002 UNO_1234 /apps/opt 788
0003 UNO_1235 /apps/opt 897
0004 UNO_1236 /apps/opt 568

I have to extract all the files whose size is greater than 500 and send all those files to a different directory /apps/opt/new

How do I loop through the table and send all those file_names, which match the size criteria to a different directory?

Thanks in advance..
Please do help me out, as this is very urgent for me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to multiple files.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and have a question. I would like to redirect the output of a command to multiple files, each file holding the exact same copy. From what I read from the bash manpage and from some searching it seems it cannot be done within the shell except setting up a loop. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbkihong
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can you redirect multiple files for input?

I have a program that is reading strings into a vector from a file. Currently I am using this command: a.out < file1 The program runs and prints the contents of the vector to the screen, like its supposed to. The problem is that it needs to read in 3 files to fill the vector. Is there anyway... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matrix_Prime
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect files to a directory

i have some 2000 files and i want to redirect it to a dir after i give the command find . -mtime -15 -print it gives some 2000 files file1.DAT file2.DAT : : : file2000.DAT ------------------------------------------------------------------------how to redirect all these 2000 files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect multiple input files?

I have a program that runs like "cat f1 - f2 -", I need to write shell script to run the program whose standard input will be redirected from 2 files. I spend a whole day on it, but didn't figure out. Can someone help me out? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: microstarwwx
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect stdin stdout to multiple files

Hi, i know how to a) redirect stdout and stderr to one file, b) and write to two files concurrently with same output using tee command Now, i want to do both the above together. I have a script and it should write both stdout and stderr in one file and also write the same content to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string from multiple dir and redirect to new files

Hi, I am new to script and I want find one string from multiple files in diff directories and put that out put to new file. Like I have A,B & C directories and each has multiple files but one file is unic in all the directories like COMM.txt Now I want write script to find the string... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahessh123
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Table name from a list of files in a Directory

Hi , I have searched through the forum but not able to find out any help :( i have a directory having lot of files which contains sql statemtns eg : file 1 contains select from table_name1 where ..................... select from table_name2 where .......... select from ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trendz
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I use grep to pull incremental data and send to multiple files?

Hi Everyone, Im currently using the below code to pull data from a large CSV file and put it into smaller files with just the data associated with the number that I "grep". grep 'M053' test.csv > test053.csv Is there a way that I can use grep to run through my file like the example below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheStruggle
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load multiple files into a table

Hi, I need to load data from two files to a single table. My requirement is that I get two files in which a few column data are manadatory. These files are identified based on the file name. For example, I have two files ABCFile and BCDFile. ABCFile has mandatory data in column 3 and 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reshma15193
0 Replies
stl_mi(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 stl_mi(4)

NAME
stl_mi - Software distribution master inventory files DESCRIPTION
Each software product that is distributed as subsets for the setld(8) command has an associated master inventory file. The master inventory file's name consists of the product's unique 3-letter name and a 3-digit version number with the string .mi for a suffix. The master inven- tory file is used by the software kitting program kits(1) in producing software distribution packages. A master inventory file contains one ASCII record, describing vendor-specified attribute information, for each file in the product kit. Each record is composed of three fields which must be separated by TAB characters. The fields are: A 16-bit unsigned integer. Bit 1 is the v (volatility) bit; when it is set, changes to the existing copy of the file can occur during kit installation. It is usually set for log files required by applications. The remaining bits are reserved. Possible values for this field are therefore 0 or 2. The dot-relative (./) pathname of the file described by this record. Each pathname must appear only once in the master inventory file. Pathnames must begin with a period (.). Records must be sorted in ascending ASCII sequence on this field. The name of the subset containing the file. Standard system directories are not included in subsets; they are represented by the keyword RESERVED in place of a subset name. Files that exist in the product hierarchy but are not distributed as part of any subset have a minus sign (-) in this field. Files that share a gnode (links) must all be included in the same subset. EXAMPLES
This example shows a section of the master inventory for a hypothetical layered product kit: 0 . RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100 OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/attr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb.spr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_defaults OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_diag.sed OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/docbld OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/unstamp OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/README.dcb OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/attr.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/dcb.ps OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.5 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/unstamp.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.braces OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.command OATDCB100 . . . RELATED INFORMATION
invcutter(1), kits(1), newinv(1), setld(8) Guide to Preparing Product Kits delim off stl_mi(4)