Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to read the latest file name in adirectory. Post 302373521 by Scott on Friday 20th of November 2009 02:59:16 PM
Old 11-20-2009
Code:
LATEST=$(ls -t /tmp/public/log | head -1)

echo $LATEST

Last edited by Scott; 11-20-2009 at 04:15 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read the latest file

I need to read the contents of the latest file. Below is a sample. I can use the tail command but can this be put into a script? I just need to read the latest TWSMERGE.log -rwxr--r-- 1 tws unison 431581 Feb 06 05:01 20080205_TWSMERGE.log -rwxr--r-- 1 tws unison ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wereyou
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get the name of latest file?

1) How do I get the name of latest file in a variable? 2) Is it safe to delete all files from a dir I am doing cd $dir_name if return_code > 0 rm * fi what are other alternates to delete all files from a dir in a shell script? :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the latest file

I am trying to scp the latest file which ends with "_abc.log". Can some help me figure out how can do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get latest file

i have the following in my directory x: 3 files with the word "LIST" inside the files 2 files without the word "LIST" 1 folder (sudirectory) i want to get the filename of the latest file (timestamp) with the word "LIST". by the way the script and the list of files are in seperate... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the latest file

Hi Experts Team, I wish to store the latest file name of partcular pattern in the remote server in a variable. i tried this LATEST_FILE=`ssh ${USER_ID}@${REMOTE_HOSTNAME} 'ls -t ${SOURCE_DIRECTORY}/${SOURCE_FILEPATTERN}'` but its nt working..pls guide me.. Regards, Kanda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to get the latest file from the file list and move

Hi, Anybody help me to write a Shell Script Get the latest file from the file list based on created and then move to the target directory. Tried with the following script: got error. A=$(ls -1dt $(find "cveit/local_ftp/reflash-parts" -type f -daystart -mtime -$dateoffset) | head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravan_an
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking the latest file based on a timestamp for a Dynamic file name

Hi , I did the initial search but could not find what I was expecting for. 15606Always_9999999997_20160418.xml 15606Always_9999999998_20160418.xml 15606Always_9999999999_20160418.xml 9819Always_99999999900_20160418.xml 9819Always_99999999911_20160418.xmlAbove is the list of files I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest log files and perform database insert

Hi Experts, I have a situation where I need to write a shell script to continuously monitor a log directory with multiple log files and perform following: 1. Read the latest log file continuously and grep "Success" OR "Failure" 2. As it capture either Success or Failure, it has to perform a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rish_max
1 Replies

10. Programming

Run sed and awk in multiple files in adirectory

Dear linux users I was running around of 200 djob for a Blastp search in a cluster. All my input files were protein fasta file (prot.fna.1, prot.fna.2 ...prot.fna.200). The output of each individual slurm job is located in a corresponding file ending with *test (prot.fna.1.test,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dieunel
10 Replies
inc::latest(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  inc::latest(3pm)

NAME
inc::latest - use modules bundled in inc/ if they are newer than installed ones SYNOPSIS
# in Build.PL use inc::latest 'Module::Build'; DESCRIPTION
The "inc::latest" module helps bootstrap configure-time dependencies for CPAN distributions. These dependencies get bundled into the "inc" directory within a distribution and are used by Build.PL (or Makefile.PL). Arguments to "inc::latest" are module names that are checked against both the current @INC array and against specially-named directories in "inc". If the bundled verison is newer than the installed one (or the module isn't installed, then, the bundled directory is added to the start of <@INC> and the module is loaded from there. There are actually two variations of "inc::latest" -- one for authors and one for the "inc" directory. For distribution authors, the "inc::latest" installed in the system will record modules loaded via "inc::latest" and can be used to create the bundled files in "inc", including writing the second variation as "inc/latest.pm". This second "inc::latest" is the one that is loaded in a distribution being installed (e.g. from Build.PL). This bundled "inc::latest" is the one that determines which module to load. Special notes on bundling The "inc::latest" module creates bundled directories based on the packlist file of an installed distribution. Even though "inc::latest" takes module name arguments, it is better to think of it as bundling and making available entire distributions. When a module is loaded through "inc::latest", it looks in all bundled distributions in "inc/" for a newer module than can be found in the existing @INC array. Thus, the module-name provided should usually be the "top-level" module name of a distribution, though this is not strictly required. For example, Module::Build has a number of heuristics to map module names to packlists, allowing users to do things like this: use inc::latest 'Devel::AssertOS::Unix'; even though Devel::AssertOS::Unix is contained within the Devel-CheckOS distribution. At the current time, packlists are required. Thus, bundling dual-core modules may require a 'forced install' over versions in the latest version of perl in order to create the necessary packlist for bundling. USAGE
When calling "use", the bundled "inc::latest" takes a single module name and optional arguments to pass to that module's own import method. use 'inc::latest' 'Foo::Bar' qw/foo bar baz/; Author-mode You are in author-mode inc::latest if any of the Author-mode methods are available. For example: if ( inc::latest->can('write') ) { inc::latest->write('inc'); } loaded_modules() my @list = inc::latest->loaded_modules; This takes no arguments and always returns a list of module names requested for loading via "use inc::latest 'MODULE'", regardless of wether the load was successful or not. write() inc::latest->write( 'inc' ); This writes the bundled version of inc::latest to the directory name given as an argument. It almost all cases, it should be '"inc"'. bundle_module() for my $mod ( inc::latest->loaded_modules ) { inc::latest->bundle_module($mod, $dir); } If $mod corresponds to a packlist, then this function creates a specially-named directory in $dir and copies all .pm files from the modlist to the new directory (which almost always should just be 'inc'). For example, if Foo::Bar is the name of the module, and $dir is 'inc', then the directory would be 'inc/inc_Foo-Bar' and contain files like this: inc/inc_Foo-Bar/Foo/Bar.pm Currently, $mod must have a packlist. If this is not the case (e.g. for a dual-core module), then the bundling will fail. You may be able to create a packlist by forced installing the module on top of the version that came with core Perl. As bundled in inc/ All methods are private. Only the "import" method is public. AUTHOR
Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@cpan.org>, David Golden <dagolden@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 by Eric Wilhelm and David Golden This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Module::Build perl v5.16.2 2012-10-25 inc::latest(3pm)