Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OpenSolaris instead Sun Solaris Post 302373517 by solaris_user on Friday 20th of November 2009 02:26:37 PM
Old 11-20-2009
What do you drink ?

Ok now to put this script as default keymap table it is important only I have my letter in star office , mozilla , in terminal does not work but who cares when all administrating commands are in English

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris : Web Based Management tools and Sun Cluster installation

Gurus, I have several questions : 1. Does Solaris 10/OpenSolaris has some kind of web based management tools ? Currently I am using WebMin. It worked fine, however I am very curious to use the tools provided by Sun Microsystem. Please advise for package name and how to activate.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing OpenSolaris on Sun v120

I have come into my possesion a v120 server at work that was decommisioned from another project. I don't have the Solaris Installation CD nor do I have root or any user credentials on this server. My goal was to install OpenSolaris on this server and use it as a playground for learning UNIX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Studio 11 in OpenSolaris

Install Sun Studio 11 on OpenSolaris 2009.06 When run IDE - system return error: touch: cannot change times on /export/home/iktomy/.sunstudio/11-SunOS-i386/system/dontshowisw: Permission denied /opt/SUNWspro/prod/scripts/jdk_chooser: line 131: cat: command not found... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iktomy
0 Replies
LIST(3) 								 1								   LIST(3)

list - Assign variables as if they were an array

SYNOPSIS
array list (mixed $var1, [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
Like array(3), this is not really a function, but a language construct. list(3) is used to assign a list of variables in one operation. PARAMETERS
o $var1 - A variable. RETURN VALUES
Returns the assigned array. EXAMPLES
Example #1 list(3) examples <?php $info = array('coffee', 'brown', 'caffeine'); // Listing all the variables list($drink, $color, $power) = $info; echo "$drink is $color and $power makes it special. "; // Listing some of them list($drink, , $power) = $info; echo "$drink has $power. "; // Or let's skip to only the third one list( , , $power) = $info; echo "I need $power! "; // list() doesn't work with strings list($bar) = "abcde"; var_dump($bar); // NULL ?> Example #2 An example use of list(3) <table> <tr> <th>Employee name</th> <th>Salary</th> </tr> <?php $result = $pdo->query("SELECT id, name, salary FROM employees"); while (list($id, $name, $salary) = $result->fetch(PDO::FETCH_NUM)) { echo " <tr> " . " <td><a href="info.php?id=$id">$name</a></td> " . " <td>$salary</td> " . " </tr> "; } ?> </table> Example #3 Using nested list(3) <?php list($a, list($b, $c)) = array(1, array(2, 3)); var_dump($a, $b, $c); ?> int(1) int(2) int(3) Example #4 Using list(3) with array indices <?php $info = array('coffee', 'brown', 'caffeine'); list($a[0], $a[1], $a[2]) = $info; var_dump($a); ?> Gives the following output (note the order of the elements compared in which order they were written in the list(3) syntax): array(3) { [2]=> string(8) "caffeine" [1]=> string(5) "brown" [0]=> string(6) "coffee" } NOTES
Warning list(3) assigns the values starting with the right-most parameter. If you are using plain variables, you don't have to worry about this. But if you are using arrays with indices you usually expect the order of the indices in the array the same you wrote in the list(3) from left to right; which it isn't. It's assigned in the reverse order. Warning Modification of the array during list(3) execution (e.g. using list($a, $b) = $b) results in undefined behavior. Note list(3) only works on numerical arrays and assumes the numerical indices start at 0. SEE ALSO
each(3), array(3), extract(3). PHP Documentation Group LIST(3)