Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What was your first computer? Post 302373495 by Corona688 on Friday 20th of November 2009 12:17:54 PM
Old 11-20-2009
Like probably a lot of my generation, I grew up playing around with a Commodore 64. But it was pretty useless for anything except games. The real computer, an IBM PC kept in a locked room in the basement, was too expensive for them to dare letting me play with it, given my habit of dismantling everything I touched. (A habit I still have, fed regularly by my computer maintenance work. I'm just a lot better at putting things back together now. Smilie)

My first real computer was an IBM PC 80286-12 assembled from the detritus of old upgrades to the "main" computer. It had DOS, QBASIC, IBM Writing Assistant(anyone remember that?) and enough storage to hold thousands of handwritten programs. I continuously upgraded it all the way from grade school, through high school, and by the time I dropped out of college to pursue work experience it was a dual Opteron running Gentoo Linux.

Last edited by Corona688; 11-20-2009 at 01:24 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting computer name

Hi all! Is there any function to get the name from a computer by the IP adresse? Thank you in advance! Greetings Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xwindow on old computer

hello at first sorry for my english... i know it isn't good but i hope you can understand me i want to install xwindow on my old pentium133MHz, 49MB ram memory, graphic card - stb horizon64 1MB (with old monochromatic monitor - horizontal 30.6-36.0, vertical 50-90) all this under redhat6.1...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

who - PC Computer name

Does anyone know of a way of identifying the PC / client name rather than IP address via who or some other AIX command (5.3). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Computer Does NOT Ping

Hi, I cannot ping my IP address on the following settings and was wondering if anyone knows a solution to make the computer pingable. Windows XP Media Centre Edition Service Pack 3 Wireless Router DLINK DSL-G604Tv2 Wireless Connection Windows Firewall - disabled completely by "stopped in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmc10
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How Many hours on Computer?

How many hours you spend on Computer in a day??? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't shutdown the computer

i cannot shutdown my computer through GUI or CLI when i put the command shutdown -P/-r nowor press the shutdown button it goes to the login prompt and stays like that afterwards, so i press CTRL+ALT+delete (which works) but that only restarts it and closes processes like winbind and apache ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mi117
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help my computer has been compromised

Hi everyone, I hope I am posting in the right spot and I really need some help. I am going through a horrible divorce and I am afraid that my husband has compromised . He set up my mac computer and router and for my job set up remote access for me. I caught him cheating on me and I think he... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk243665
6 Replies
libspectrum(3)							     Emulators							    libspectrum(3)

NAME
libspectrum - Sinclair ZX Spectrum support library DESCRIPTION
libspectrum is a library for reading and writing some of the file formats used by emulators of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum. It also contains routines providing information about the various Spectrum clones which were available. The file formats currently supported by libspectrum are: o Snapshots: .z80, .szx, .sna (all read/write), .zxs, .sp., .snp and +D snapshots (read only). o Tape images: .tzx, .tap, .spc, .sta, .ltp (read/write) and Warajevo .tap, Z80Em and CSW version 1 (read only). o Input recordings: .rzx (read/write). o Disk images: .dsk (both plain and extended), .fdi, .sad, .scl, .td0, .trd and .udi (identification only). o Timex cartridges: .dck (read only). o IDE hard disk images: .hdf (read/write). o Microdrive cartridge images: .mdr (read/write). Additionally, any files compressed with bzip2(3) or gzip(3) can be read and will be transparently decompressed. Full documentation for libspectrum is provided in `libspectrum.txt'. SEE ALSO
bzip2(3), fuse(1), fuse-utils(1), gzip(3) The comp.sys.sinclair Spectrum FAQ, at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/index.html. AUTHOR
Philip Kendall (philip-fuse@shadowmagic.org.uk) Version 1.0.0 16th December, 2010 libspectrum(3)