Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Process stopped: WCHAN pipe_w Post 302373366 by jlopezperez on Friday 20th of November 2009 05:26:49 AM
Old 11-20-2009
Yes, I'm on Linux. Sorry.

Thanks for the info. Like I said, I found the actual problem, but it's good to know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server stopped pinging (in and out)

hi All my Redhat Linux server stopped responding to pings all together. and am also not able to ping out of the box. There are however no issues with internet connectivity and my application is working fine. When I tried to ping another machine (Win98) i could see the pings coming from my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top shows stopped process

When I run the top command, it shows 1 process as being Stopped. This is not a zombie, but simply a stopped process. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to tell which process this is, nor why it is in a stopped state? Any way of finding this out? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: IrishRogue
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopped (tty output)

What is mean by "Stopped (tty output)", how can i get rid of it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find which process is stopped

One of my linux machines has a 'stopped' process which i need to find. How do i find the process that is iin 'stopped' mode. I am running red hat linux enterprise. Frank I have now answered this myself with the following command: ps -e j |grep Z (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

to understand stopped process in top

Hi, top process is shows like this in solaris server oracle 8i running: load averages: 5.01, 3.35, 2.82 18:24:45 344 processes: 332 sleeping, 5 running, 2 stopped, 5 on cpu CPU states: 22.2% idle, 29.6% user, 14.7% kernel, 33.5% iowait, 0.0% swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stopped processes

When I try to exit a session, the message 'there are stopped processes' appears and I can not log out? Solution, please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: operag
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why the nohup-ed background process always is "stopped" ?

I let a script A call script B. I used nohup a.sh &>/tmp/log & In script A it calls B directly, without any redirecting or nohup or background. However A is always "Stopped", while B is running correctly. Anybody knows why? thanks! -----Post Update----- BTW, if I don't use nohup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meili100
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why the nohup-ed background process always is "stopped" ?

I let a script A call script B. I used nohup a.sh &>/tmp/log & In script A it calls B directly, without any redirecting or nohup or background. However A is always "Stopped", while B is running correctly. Anybody knows why? thanks! -----Post Update----- BTW, if I don't use nohup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Killing A Stopped Process

UNIX Tutorial Five % kill %jobnumber Does that not work on a stopped process? I've tried to kill a stopped process and it is not working. Or do you need a certain type of shell for this to work? I don't see anything about this in my man pages. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Database replication process stopped in server

Hi, A database (Oracle) replication process was executed by the DBA team in one server (serverX). However, this replication process gets terminated, and there are no errors in the replication log. But there is error in the OS log files (syslog.log) : Aug 8 16:51:47 L28dre02 sshd: subsystem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
VM86(2) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   VM86(2)

NAME
vm86old, vm86 - enter virtual 8086 mode SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/vm86.h> int vm86old(struct vm86_struct *info); int vm86(unsigned long fn, struct vm86plus_struct *v86); DESCRIPTION
The system call vm86() was introduced in Linux 0.97p2. In Linux 2.1.15 and 2.0.28 it was renamed to vm86old(), and a new vm86() was intro- duced. The definition of struct vm86_struct was changed in 1.1.8 and 1.1.9. These calls cause the process to enter VM86 mode (virtual-8086 in Intel literature), and are used by dosemu. VM86 mode is an emulation of real mode within a protected mode task. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT This return value is specific to i386 and indicates a problem with getting userspace data. ENOSYS This return value indicates the call is not implemented on the present architecture. EPERM Saved kernel stack exists. (This is a kernel sanity check; the saved stack should only exist within vm86 mode itself.) CONFORMING TO
This call is specific to Linux on 32-bit Intel processors, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-02-20 VM86(2)