Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kde, startx on debian
Operating Systems Linux Debian kde, startx on debian Post 302373196 by Angel_OA on Thursday 19th of November 2009 05:29:41 PM
Old 11-19-2009
as root

/etc/init.d/kdm start # if you have installed kde

or

/etc/init.d/gdm start # if you have installed gnome

Smilie

---------- Post updated at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyjj2
By the way (this is minor question), after installing this Debian I decided that I am in a hurry and I run Mandriva LiveDVD. However, I cannot copy any files from pendrive to already existing partition with Debian. Is there any way to enable access from LiveDVD Mandriva to Debian ext3 partition? I don't want to delete Debian :-) and I cannot download any other distribution because my internet is terribly slow :-/ and I need to do something rather soon :-).

Greetings :-)!
just mount the debian partition(s) with mcc or modify the /etc/fstab and include the debian partitions and then do

mount -a

sorry if my english isn't good Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

error startx with debian

hello i have installed xfree86 with debian 2.4, but i have the message when i launch startx: XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0" after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining. xauth: (argv):1: bad display name "uxdev1000.lobino.fr:0"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE and startx

Hello, Ive installed freeBSD 6.0 - and the prompt part of the system works well. Ive then tried to install KDE for graphic interface to the unix system. The problem is: Whenever I run "$ startx" it starts some graphical interface, but its totally swirled, you can sense that in the background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: congo
1 Replies

3. Debian

Debian Stable + KDE

Hello, Unix - Forums. How can I set the DE to KDE on a fresh, netinst image of Debian Stable? By default, it installs GNOME. Is there a way to change that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intelinside
1 Replies
MEINPROC4(8)							 KDE User's Manual						      MEINPROC4(8)

NAME
meinproc4 - KDE translator for XML SYNOPSIS
meinproc4 [--help] [Generic-options] [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [--cache file] [--check] [--htdig] [--srcdir] [--param key=value] [[[-o] | [--output]] file] [--stdout] [--stylesheet xsl] docbook_file DESCRIPTION
meinproc4 converts DocBook files to HTML. GENERIC OPTIONS
--author Show author information. --help Show help about options. --help-all Show all options. --help-kde Show KDE specific options. --help-qt Show Qt specific options. --license Show license information. -v--version Show version information APPLICATION OPTIONS
--cache file Create a cache file for the document --check Check the document for validity The output can be a bit daunting, since one small mistake can cause a cascade of errors. The trick is to look at the first error, fix that error, save the file, and run meinproc4 again. --htdig Create a ht://dig compatible index -o, --output file Output whole document to file. --stdout Output whole document to stdout. --stylesheet xsl Stylesheet to use --srcdir dir Set the root directory to look for kdelibs --param key=value Set parameters to pass to the stylesheet. USAGE
The most common way to run meinproc4 is simply as meinproc4 docbook-file where docbook-file is usually index.docbook. This command creates HTML pages from the DocBook file. Note that these pages are only viewable in KDE-based browsers (like Konqueror). If you need to view the HTML output in another browser (for example, if you're placing it on line), use meinproc4 --stylesheet stylesheet-name docbook-file where stylesheet-name is the full path to one of the XSL stylesheets in $KDEDIR/share/apps/ksgmltools/customization. To produce output suitable for the web, you can use kde-web.xsl or kde-chunk-online.xsl. See the README file in that directory for more details. SEE ALSO
kdeoptions(7), qtoptions(7) BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org[1] to report them. NOTES
1. bugs.kde.org http://bugs.kde.org 0.01.01 2008-10-03 MEINPROC4(8)