Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kde, startx on debian
Operating Systems Linux Debian kde, startx on debian Post 302373196 by Angel_OA on Thursday 19th of November 2009 05:29:41 PM
Old 11-19-2009
as root

/etc/init.d/kdm start # if you have installed kde

or

/etc/init.d/gdm start # if you have installed gnome

Smilie

---------- Post updated at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyjj2
By the way (this is minor question), after installing this Debian I decided that I am in a hurry and I run Mandriva LiveDVD. However, I cannot copy any files from pendrive to already existing partition with Debian. Is there any way to enable access from LiveDVD Mandriva to Debian ext3 partition? I don't want to delete Debian :-) and I cannot download any other distribution because my internet is terribly slow :-/ and I need to do something rather soon :-).

Greetings :-)!
just mount the debian partition(s) with mcc or modify the /etc/fstab and include the debian partitions and then do

mount -a

sorry if my english isn't good Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

error startx with debian

hello i have installed xfree86 with debian 2.4, but i have the message when i launch startx: XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0" after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining. xauth: (argv):1: bad display name "uxdev1000.lobino.fr:0"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE and startx

Hello, Ive installed freeBSD 6.0 - and the prompt part of the system works well. Ive then tried to install KDE for graphic interface to the unix system. The problem is: Whenever I run "$ startx" it starts some graphical interface, but its totally swirled, you can sense that in the background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: congo
1 Replies

3. Debian

Debian Stable + KDE

Hello, Unix - Forums. How can I set the DE to KDE on a fresh, netinst image of Debian Stable? By default, it installs GNOME. Is there a way to change that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intelinside
1 Replies
KPARTX(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 						 KPARTX(8)

NAME
kpartx - Create device maps from partition tables SYNOPSIS
kpartx [-a | -d | -l] [-v] wholedisk DESCRIPTION
This tool, derived from util-linux' partx, reads partition tables on specified device and create device maps over partitions segments detected. It is called from hotplug upon device maps creation and deletion. OPTIONS
-a Add partition mappings -r Readonly partition mappings -r Read-only partition mappings -d Delete partition mappings -u Update partition mappings -l List partition mappings that would be added -a -p set device name-partition number delimiter -f force creation of mappings; overrides 'no_partitions' feature -g force GUID partition table (GPT) -v Operate verbosely -s Sync mode. Don't return until the partitions are created EXAMPLE
To mount all the partitions in a raw disk image: kpartx -av disk.img This will output lines such as: loop3p1 : 0 20964762 /dev/loop3 63 The loop3p1 is the name of a device file under /dev/mapper which you can use to access the partition, for example to fsck it: fsck /dev/mapper/loop3p1 When you're done, you need to remove the devices: kpartx -d disk.img SEE ALSO
multipath(8) multipathd(8) hotplug(8) AUTHORS
This man page was assembled By Patrick Caulfield for the Debian project. From documentation provided by the multipath author Christophe Varoqui, <christophe.varoqui@opensvc.com> and others. July 2006 KPARTX(8)