Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kde, startx on debian
Operating Systems Linux Debian kde, startx on debian Post 302373196 by Angel_OA on Thursday 19th of November 2009 05:29:41 PM
Old 11-19-2009
as root

/etc/init.d/kdm start # if you have installed kde

or

/etc/init.d/gdm start # if you have installed gnome

Smilie

---------- Post updated at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyjj2
By the way (this is minor question), after installing this Debian I decided that I am in a hurry and I run Mandriva LiveDVD. However, I cannot copy any files from pendrive to already existing partition with Debian. Is there any way to enable access from LiveDVD Mandriva to Debian ext3 partition? I don't want to delete Debian :-) and I cannot download any other distribution because my internet is terribly slow :-/ and I need to do something rather soon :-).

Greetings :-)!
just mount the debian partition(s) with mcc or modify the /etc/fstab and include the debian partitions and then do

mount -a

sorry if my english isn't good Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

error startx with debian

hello i have installed xfree86 with debian 2.4, but i have the message when i launch startx: XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0" after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining. xauth: (argv):1: bad display name "uxdev1000.lobino.fr:0"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE and startx

Hello, Ive installed freeBSD 6.0 - and the prompt part of the system works well. Ive then tried to install KDE for graphic interface to the unix system. The problem is: Whenever I run "$ startx" it starts some graphical interface, but its totally swirled, you can sense that in the background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: congo
1 Replies

3. Debian

Debian Stable + KDE

Hello, Unix - Forums. How can I set the DE to KDE on a fresh, netinst image of Debian Stable? By default, it installs GNOME. Is there a way to change that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intelinside
1 Replies
DH_MOVELIBKDEINIT(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      DH_MOVELIBKDEINIT(1)

NAME
dh_movelibkdeinit - move libkdeinit4_*.so from public to the private directory SYNOPSIS
dh_movelibkdeinit [debhelper options] DESCRIPTION
dh_movelibkdeinit is a helper program which moves all installed usr/lib/libkdeinit4_*.so kdeinit "shared" executables from the public location to the private subdirectory /usr/lib/kde4/libkdeinit. libkdeinit*.so shared executables are not proper public shared libraries by definition and they are built as shared library only for performance purposes. Please note, however, that in order for the moved executables to work properly, the following conditions must be met: o the package should depend on the kde4libs binary packages built with the "-DLIBKDEINIT_INSTALL_DIR=/usr/lib/kde4/libkdeinit" cmake flag (enabled since kde4libs 4:4.4.0). dh_movelibkdeinit will try to confirm this condition and it will do nothing if it is not met. o the source package was built with the "-DENABLE_LIBKDEINIT_RUNPATH=ON" cmake flag. This flag is enabled by default when building using either CDBS kde.mk class or the debhelper kde build system which both as shipped in the 0.6.2 or later version of the pkg-kde-tools package. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude item Do not move libkdeinit4_*.so files that contain "item" anywhere in their filename. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHOR
Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2011-12-26 DH_MOVELIBKDEINIT(1)