Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What was your first computer? Post 302373190 by Neo on Thursday 19th of November 2009 04:52:48 PM
Old 11-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
The first computer I owned was an Intel Pentium at 90 Mhz (with F0 0F bug).
I was running an ad hoc web site for the Linux Benchmarks at that time and recall the 486 to Pentium transition Smilie

That is really cool that the first computer you owned was a Pentium. What a way to start !

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting computer name

Hi all! Is there any function to get the name from a computer by the IP adresse? Thank you in advance! Greetings Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xwindow on old computer

hello at first sorry for my english... i know it isn't good but i hope you can understand me i want to install xwindow on my old pentium133MHz, 49MB ram memory, graphic card - stb horizon64 1MB (with old monochromatic monitor - horizontal 30.6-36.0, vertical 50-90) all this under redhat6.1...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

who - PC Computer name

Does anyone know of a way of identifying the PC / client name rather than IP address via who or some other AIX command (5.3). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Computer Does NOT Ping

Hi, I cannot ping my IP address on the following settings and was wondering if anyone knows a solution to make the computer pingable. Windows XP Media Centre Edition Service Pack 3 Wireless Router DLINK DSL-G604Tv2 Wireless Connection Windows Firewall - disabled completely by "stopped in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmc10
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How Many hours on Computer?

How many hours you spend on Computer in a day??? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't shutdown the computer

i cannot shutdown my computer through GUI or CLI when i put the command shutdown -P/-r nowor press the shutdown button it goes to the login prompt and stays like that afterwards, so i press CTRL+ALT+delete (which works) but that only restarts it and closes processes like winbind and apache ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mi117
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help my computer has been compromised

Hi everyone, I hope I am posting in the right spot and I really need some help. I am going through a horrible divorce and I am afraid that my husband has compromised . He set up my mac computer and router and for my job set up remote access for me. I caught him cheating on me and I think he... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk243665
6 Replies
cpu_family(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					       cpu_family(3alleg4)

NAME
cpu_family - Contains the CPU type. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int cpu_family; DESCRIPTION
Contains the Intel type, where applicable. Allegro defines the following CPU family types: CPU_FAMILY_UNKNOWN - The type of processor is unknown CPU_FAMILY_I386 - The processor is an Intel-compatible 386 CPU_FAMILY_I486 - The processor is an Intel-compatible 486 CPU_FAMILY_I586 - The processor is a Pentium or equivalent CPU_FAMILY_I686 - The processor is a Pentium Pro, II, III or equivalent CPU_FAMILY_ITANIUM - The processor is an Itanium processor CPU_FAMILY_POWERPC - The processor is a PowerPC processor CPU_FAMILY_EXTENDED - The processor type needs to be read from the cpu_model You can read this variable after you have called check_cpu() (which is automatically called by allegro_init()). SEE ALSO
check_cpu(3alleg4), cpu_vendor(3alleg4), cpu_model(3alleg4), cpu_capabilities(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 cpu_family(3alleg4)