Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulating word based off of contents Post 302373159 by m1xram on Thursday 19th of November 2009 02:27:55 PM
Old 11-19-2009
Purpose

What is the purpose of the filter? It looks like a good way to collect emails for spamming.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using first word and print their contents using awk

suppose u hava a file G1354R tGGC-CGC D1361N cGAC-AAC I1424T ATC-ACC R768W gCGG-TGG Q1382R CAG-CGG Q178E gCAG-GAG Y181C TAC-TGC .........cont. So the question is By searching for first word i.e.character say R output shud be R768W gCGG-TGG R182P CGG-CCG R189W ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with finding a word in file's contents

Hi, I need to check if a particular name is already in the file or not and i am using following code for this... match=$(grep -n -e "$output1" outputfiles.txt ) where output1 is the variable name having names in it and outputfiles.txt is the file name ..and i am using ksh can anybosy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a file and manipulating the contents

Hi I have a text file as follows BOB 14/14 TOM 94/94 SAM 3/3 CRIS 13/13 TOM 6/6 CRIS 27/27 SAM 2/2 JACK 25/25 CRIS (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellignorant
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files based on the contents

Hi, I have a file f1 having the contents as below select (<condn>) from dual I have another file f2 having the contents as below 1, 2, 3 I want to replace <condn> in f1 with the contents of f2 I tried using sed like this sed "s:<condn>:`cat f2`:g" f1 The above command resulted in sed:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Files Based on Contents

Hello everyone, I currently have a situation which is causing me some issues for keeping up with certain files. I will explain this to the best of my abilities. I have a list of files as follows 50_REPORT_1111 - file contains the word Car 50_REPORT_2222 - file contains the word House... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerangedNick
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch rows based on line numbers or based on the beginning of a word?

I have a file which will have rows like shown below, ST*820*316054716 RMR*IV*11333331009*PO*40.31 REF*IV*22234441009*xsss471-2762 DTM*003*091016 ENT*000006 RMR*IV*2222234444*PO*239.91 REF*IV*1234445451009*LJhjlkhkj471-2762 </SPAN> DTM*003* 091016 RMR*IV*2223344441009*PO*40.31... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific word from data contents problem asking

Hi, Below is my input file: >tempZ_1 SAFSDAFDSG GGERRTTZZZ ZASRARARET WETPOASDAZ ZZZASASFAS >temp_9 ASAEGPIOEO EIOPIZZZAS FDFGZZZARA ESEAZZZAAS . . Desired output file: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy contents of unix file to Word document

Hello, I have a unix file about 3000lines which i want to copy from and paste it into a Word document. If i cat the file and try to scroll through it then not everything is captured so i am getting and incomplete paste. Any help is really appreciated. jak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Manipulating a list of numbers based on values

Hi, I have a single column of numbers from in tabulated text format ranging from 0 to 1. I want to manipulate the list of numbers so that if the number is greater than 0.5 (> 0.5), I get 1 - number. If the number is less than 0.5, the number is taken as it is and not altered. For example: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparison based on contents

Hi I have 2 files 1.del ---- 1,2,3,4,5 1,2,3,4,4 1,1,1,1,2 2.del ---- 1,2,3,4,5 1, 1,2,3,4,4 1,1,1,1,2 I need to compare the above two files in unix, as in the output should only tell the difference in contents as I should get only the line 1 ( from 2.del) , rest all lines are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ethen561
4 Replies
tracker-search(1)						   User Commands						 tracker-search(1)

NAME
tracker-search - Search all content for keywords SYNOPSIS
tracker-search [OPTION...] EXPRESSION [EXPRESSION...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-search searches all indexed content for EXPRESSION. The resource in which EXPRESSION matches must exist (see --all for more infor- mation). All results are returned in ascending order. In all cases, if no EXPRESSION is given for an argument (like --folders for example) then ALL items in that category are returned instead. EXPRESSION One or more terms to search. The default operation is a logical AND. For logical OR operations, see -r. OPTIONS
-?, --help Give a short help message. -l, --limit=N Limit search to N results. The default is 512. -o, --offset=N Offset the search results by N. For example, start at item number 10 in the results. The default is 0. -r, --or-operator Use OR for search terms instead of AND (the default) -d, --detailed Show the unique URN associated with each search result. This does not apply to --music-albums and --music-artists. -a, --all Show results which might not be available. This might bebecause a removable media is not mounted for example. Without this option, resources are only shown if they exist. This option applies to all command line switches except --music-albums and --music-artists. -f, --files=EXPRESSION Search for files of any type matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --folders=EXPRESSION Search for folders matching EXPRESSION (optional). -m, --music=EXPRESSION Search for music files matching EXPRESSION (optional). --music-albums=ALBUM Search for music albums matching ALBUM (optional). --music-artists=ARTIST Search for music artists matching ARTIST (optional). -l, --images=EXPRESSION Search for images matching EXPRESSION (optional). -v, --videos=EXPRESSION Search for videos matching EXPRESSION (optional). -t, --documents=EXPRESSION Search for documents matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --emails=EXPRESSION Search for emails matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of subjects for emails found. -c, --contacts=EXPRESSION Search for contacts matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of names and email addresses found. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-tag(1), tracker-info(1). GNU
July 2009 tracker-search(1)