Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl : semi complex if statement question Post 302373153 by rethink on Thursday 19th of November 2009 02:06:44 PM
Old 11-19-2009
thanks Guys, my logic was that if you had operators like "lt" "gt" "eq" etc, it would be logical to use those ones for numerical comparisons and the "=" etc for strings .... but i guess the perl guys didnt agree

thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Sed/Awk Question?

Hello, So i have this file called /apps/turnout which looks like that of the contents of the /etc/shadow (but not exactly) the file has a long list in it. basically, the contents of this file looks something similar to the following: jajajajalala:D#$#AFVAdfda lalabavisof:#%R@fafla#$... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement question

Hi there We have boxes named server-sybase2, server-oracle1, etc etc Does any body know how I can construct an if statement to say, if the hostname of the box contains the string "sybase" then do X ie if then X fi any help would be greatly appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Complex If statement

can anyone please explain my below statement, i am confused. if || \ || \ || \ || then (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kd09714
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex if statement syntax without using 'if ..' keyword in ksh.

It saves me lot of typing and space/lines when I do not use full 'if' keyword and construct, instead use .. && <statement> || <statement> that perfectly replaces.. if ; then <statement> else <statement> fi Can I use following syntax when I want to add multiple statements under 'if'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A complex sed statement

I have following requirement. Say, my text file contains following patterns {2010501005|XXGpvertex|9|0|17|0|{|{30100001|XXparameter_set|@@@@{{30001002|XXparameter|!prototype_path|$AB_COMPONENTS/Sort/Sort.mpc|3|2|Pf$|@{0|}} }}@0|@315000|78500|335000|99000|114000|87000|17|And the Sort|Ab... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Perl If statement

Hi All, I am writing a perl script where I take 2 variables from the user as STDIN to scan the lines of a file to produce as output. How can I do an IF loop to test this for example in the mock file 12 10 35 20 37 5 45 12if I take user input as 40 and 10, how can I get the output lines in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex Awk Question

Hi, I have a file look likes this : --->start hir Trace file: pudwh_ora_9998.trc Sort options: fchela exeela ***************************************************************count = number of times OCI procedure was executed cpu = cpu time in seconds executing elapsed = elapsed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question about if statement

Hi everybody, I'm sorry If I ask a silly question. I have a simple code like this I have the following error: Can anyone explain for me why I have this error, and how can I correct it? Thanks in advance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Regex Perl

Hi the below perl snippet will replace any three letter string in the beginning with a two letter string which is specified..but if i want to modfiy only certain characters for eg.. ABC - AB CAB - AB AAA - No Modifcations 1AB - AB AB8 - AB Whatever coming before or after of AB only have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with understanding this regex in a Perl script parsing a 'complex' string

Hi, I need some guidance with understanding this Perl script below. I am not the author of the script and the author has not leave any documentation. I supposed it is meant to be 'easy' if you're a Perl or regex guru. I am having problem understanding what regex to use :confused: The script does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
RATFOR(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RATFOR(1)

NAME
ratfor - rational Fortran dialect SYNOPSIS
ratfor [ option ... ] [ filename ... ] DESCRIPTION
Ratfor converts a rational dialect of Fortran into ordinary irrational Fortran. Ratfor provides control flow constructs essentially iden- tical to those in C: statement grouping: { statement; statement; statement } decision-making: if (condition) statement [ else statement ] switch (integer value) { case integer: statement ... [ default: ] statement } loops: while (condition) statement for (expression; condition; expression) statement do limits statement repeat statement [ until (condition) ] break [n] next [n] and some syntactic sugar to make programs easier to read and write: free form input: multiple statements/line; automatic continuation comments: # this is a comment translation of relationals: >, >=, etc., become .GT., .GE., etc. return (expression) returns expression to caller from function define: define name replacement include: include filename The option -h causes quoted strings to be turned into 27H constructs. -C copies comments to the output, and attempts to format it neatly. Normally, continuation lines are marked with a & in column 1; the option -6x makes the continuation character x and places it in column 6. Ratfor is best used with f77(1). SEE ALSO
f77(1) B. W. Kernighan and P. J. Plauger, Software Tools, Addison-Wesley, 1976. RATFOR(1)