Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display just CPU run queue number (Nothing Else) Post 302373148 by Scott on Thursday 19th of November 2009 01:44:26 PM
Old 11-19-2009
Well I can't see an option in vmstat to do just that, so...

Code:
vmstat | awk 'END {print $1}'

Last edited by Scott; 04-23-2010 at 10:21 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat display cpu configuration

Hello people ! Does anyone knows how can I get the CPU configuration in the RedHat Box ??? I need know the frequence of cpu and how much cpu(s) in my box ... Thank you, Witt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Run Queue Thresholds

Gurus, Having a GS1280 box with OSF1 v5.1 installed (16 processors), the run queue value from the vmstat command reports a very high value (about 25 to 30). Does this reflect a CPU bound system. Note that the average CPU utilization is about 60 % which means that the CPU is not that loaded. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Negm
0 Replies

3. Programming

Number of bytes in terminal input queue w/o blocking and consuming?

Hello, everyone. Could someone, please, tell me how to get the number of bytes in the terminal input queue without blocking and without consuming these bytes? I guess it could be called the peek functionality. I've looked at termio tcgetattr() and tcsetattr() functions but could not find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucy.Garfeld
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to display top 5 process (per cpu consumption)

Hello, I have to create shell script being myself real novice in scripting... I was looking on the Internet for some script examples, but I don't have the basic understanding of the shell. I was trying to do something with “ps” command without success. For exemple total number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_awd
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display cpu model

Hi How to display cpu models in Sol 10 ? Is there some cmds within korn shell or I have to access this info from network service processor ILOM ? thx for help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

6. AIX

Maximum number of Print Queue on AIX?

Hi, Currently we are experiencing qdaemon died, hourly. We have more than 10,000 print queue on AIX 5.3. Would this cause the qdaemon to die? What is the maximum number of print queue on AIX 5.3? Thank you in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raybakh
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

idle% cpu and run queue

Hi Everybody, Can anybody explain how CPU idle% is about 50%, but runq-sz more than 1? sar from Solaris 10: 00:00:05 %usr %sys %wio %idle 17:00:08 27 12 0 61 17:20:05 40 15 0 45 17:40:05 27 12 0 61 18:00:05 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sant
2 Replies

8. AIX

Number of CPU & Number of Core

root:/> # lscfg -vp|grep -c -E 'proc.*Processor' 8 root:/> # lscfg -vpl sysplanar0 | grep -i way 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : I have this output and need to know how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

9. AIX

How to measure waiting time in run queue?

Hello guys, I am doing a performance analysis on one of our psystem. Most of time I am using Nmon analyser to do my trend graph. But I can't find any help with it. We are interesting in the time spend by tasks in Aix run queue. After looking the Aix documentation, I am pessimist to find any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GiiGii
3 Replies
XFlush(3X11)							  XLIB FUNCTIONS						      XFlush(3X11)

NAME
XFlush, XSync, XEventsQueued, XPending - handle output buffer or event queue SYNTAX
XFlush(display) Display *display; XSync(display, discard) Display *display; Bool discard; int XEventsQueued(display, mode) Display *display; int mode; int XPending(display) Display *display; ARGUMENTS
discard Specifies a Boolean value that indicates whether XSync discards all events on the event queue. display Specifies the connection to the X server. mode Specifies the mode. You can pass QueuedAlready, QueuedAfterFlush, or QueuedAfterReading. DESCRIPTION
The XFlush function flushes the output buffer. Most client applications need not use this function because the output buffer is automati- cally flushed as needed by calls to XPending, XNextEvent, and XWindowEvent. Events generated by the server may be enqueued into the library's event queue. The XSync function flushes the output buffer and then waits until all requests have been received and processed by the X server. Any errors generated must be handled by the error handler. For each protocol error received by Xlib, XSync calls the client application's error handling routine (see section 11.8.2). Any events generated by the server are enqueued into the library's event queue. Finally, if you passed False, XSync does not discard the events in the queue. If you passed True, XSync discards all events in the queue, including those events that were on the queue before XSync was called. Client applications seldom need to call XSync. If mode is QueuedAlready, XEventsQueued returns the number of events already in the event queue (and never performs a system call). If mode is QueuedAfterFlush, XEventsQueued returns the number of events already in the queue if the number is nonzero. If there are no events in the queue, XEventsQueued flushes the output buffer, attempts to read more events out of the application's connection, and returns the number read. If mode is QueuedAfterReading, XEventsQueued returns the number of events already in the queue if the number is nonzero. If there are no events in the queue, XEventsQueued attempts to read more events out of the application's connection without flushing the out- put buffer and returns the number read. XEventsQueued always returns immediately without I/O if there are events already in the queue. XEventsQueued with mode QueuedAfterFlush is identical in behavior to XPending. XEventsQueued with mode QueuedAlready is identical to the XQLength function. The XPending function returns the number of events that have been received from the X server but have not been removed from the event queue. XPending is identical to XEventsQueued with the mode QueuedAfterFlush specified. SEE ALSO
AllPlanes(3X11), XIfEvent(3X11), XNextEvent(3X11), XPutBackEvent(3X11) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XFlush(3X11)