Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx -c PROBLEM
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mailx -c PROBLEM Post 302373073 by GbOb on Thursday 19th of November 2009 10:35:15 AM
Old 11-19-2009
try
mailx -s "Total Collection" -c def@def.com abc@abc.com < mailcontent.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx problem

Here is a question I have, maybe someone can help me out. I am new to this UNIX thing. :) I have a file called elist. In this file is a list of 25 email adresses. How can I write a simple command line for that will read the names of the file and send it to each of the email addys. Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iastorms
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx problem

Is there a size limit on the file that can be sent using mailx? I'm trying mailx -s "alertlog" tome@work < /dir/my.log and I only get a portion of the log. The newest portion of the log is not included in the mail. Additionally, I would like the option of mailing just the last 100... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djbartkow
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with mailx

Hi unix lovers, I have some problem with using mailx. I want to send mail as per the instructions in a file. The mail does not reach to CC recepients. To get a clearer picture, this is what I am typing on unix prompt. $ $ mailx ashishp@suntech.com < mail.txt $ And my mail.txt looks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx problem

I can send mail from my Sun Solaris 9 box via the mail gui no problem. If I try it from mailx command line, the mail doesn't send. What might be causing this? thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx problem

Hi Experts, Just need help maybe you have some time to spare :) I am having trouble creating a working script that will scan a file and mail specific persons I need to mail 5 persons person1,person2,person3,person4,person5 Person1,person2 I need to put them in the TO: field while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: makaveli
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx, uuencode problem

I've this command to run ... Purpose : Send attachment file with e-mail body... ( E-mail body i read it from text file) uuencode TEST_FILE.csv TEST_FILE.csv | cat /usr/local/bin/EMAIL_BODY.txt - | mailx -s "TEST Report" -c receiver1@mail.com receiver2@mail.com Here is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with mailx command

Hi, I have written down a script and in that im using mailx command in Unix. Such that i have taken the reciepent that would be in "To" using read command i.e from standard input and echoed the reciepients in cc into a file .Now im not able to use the mailx -r ie which sends the sender... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx problem with multiple cc

I am writing a script to send an email of the result of the process but i cannot make the cc work correctly. RECIP="abc@example.com def@example.com" CC="ghi@example.com jkl@eaxmple.com" mailx -s "testing" -c $CC $RECIP < inputfile.txt Result: To: abc@example.com; def@example.com;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Mailx hanging problem

Hi all, I issued the following mailx -s "TEST" <mail> However it just hang there. :wall: How do i diagnose why it behave like this? Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 AM ---------- No reply on this. Any help will be appreciated. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx problem

I executed my script in linux environment so Here Im facing problem.In linux has mailx command but if i include in following way Im getting error like ./script2.sh: line 6: mailx: command not found. if I use mail command also Im getting same error. $ cat script2.sh while ps | ./pwtst do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrivani
5 Replies
subst(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       subst(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
subst - Perform backslash, command, and variable substitutions SYNOPSIS
subst ?-nobackslashes? ?-nocommands? ?-novariables? string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command performs variable substitutions, command substitutions, and backslash substitutions on its string argument and returns the fully-substituted result. The substitutions are performed in exactly the same way as for Tcl commands. As a result, the string argument is actually substituted twice, once by the Tcl parser in the usual fashion for Tcl commands, and again by the subst command. If any of the -nobackslashes, -nocommands, or -novariables are specified, then the corresponding substitutions are not performed. For example, if -nocommands is specified, command substitution is not performed: open and close brackets are treated as ordinary characters with no special interpretation. Note that the substitution of one kind can include substitution of other kinds. For example, even when the -novariables option is speci- fied, command substitution is performed without restriction. This means that any variable substitution necessary to complete the command substitution will still take place. Likewise, any command substitution necessary to complete a variable substitution will take place, even when -nocommands is specified. See the EXAMPLES below. If an error occurs during substitution, then subst will return that error. If a break exception occurs during command or variable substi- tution, the result of the whole substitution will be the string (as substituted) up to the start of the substitution that raised the excep- tion. If a continue exception occurs during the evaluation of a command or variable substitution, an empty string will be substituted for that entire command or variable substitution (as long as it is well-formed Tcl.) If a return exception occurs, or any other return code is returned during command or variable substitution, then the returned value is substituted for that substitution. See the EXAMPLES below. In this way, all exceptional return codes are "caught" by subst. The subst command itself will either return an error, or will complete successfully. EXAMPLES
When it performs its substitutions, subst does not give any special treatment to double quotes or curly braces (except within command sub- stitutions) so the script set a 44 subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {44}", not "xyz {$a}" and the script set a "p} q {r" subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {p} q {r}", not "xyz {p} q {r}". When command substitution is performed, it includes any variable substitution necessary to evaluate the script. set a 44 subst -novariables {$a [format $a]} returns "$a 44", not "$a $a". Similarly, when variable substitution is performed, it includes any command substitution necessary to retrieve the value of the variable. proc b {} {return c} array set a {c c [b] tricky} subst -nocommands {[b] $a([b])} returns "[b] c", not "[b] tricky". The continue and break exceptions allow command substitutions to prevent substitution of the rest of the command substitution and the rest of string respectively, giving script authors more options when processing text using subst. For example, the script subst {abc,[break],def} returns "abc,", not "abc,,def" and the script subst {abc,[continue;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,,def", not "abc,3,def". Other exceptional return codes substitute the returned value subst {abc,[return foo;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def" and subst {abc,[return -code 10 foo;expr {1+2}],def} also returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def". SEE ALSO
Tcl(3tcl), eval(3tcl), break(3tcl), continue(3tcl) KEYWORDS
backslash substitution, command substitution, variable substitution Tcl 7.4 subst(3tcl)