Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What was your first computer? Post 302373067 by dday on Thursday 19th of November 2009 10:16:06 AM
Old 11-19-2009
That does remind me of the TDC (torpedo data computer) that they used for firing solutions in WW2. The military has always used the latest technology to help with the art of war.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting computer name

Hi all! Is there any function to get the name from a computer by the IP adresse? Thank you in advance! Greetings Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xwindow on old computer

hello at first sorry for my english... i know it isn't good but i hope you can understand me i want to install xwindow on my old pentium133MHz, 49MB ram memory, graphic card - stb horizon64 1MB (with old monochromatic monitor - horizontal 30.6-36.0, vertical 50-90) all this under redhat6.1...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

who - PC Computer name

Does anyone know of a way of identifying the PC / client name rather than IP address via who or some other AIX command (5.3). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Computer Does NOT Ping

Hi, I cannot ping my IP address on the following settings and was wondering if anyone knows a solution to make the computer pingable. Windows XP Media Centre Edition Service Pack 3 Wireless Router DLINK DSL-G604Tv2 Wireless Connection Windows Firewall - disabled completely by "stopped in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmc10
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How Many hours on Computer?

How many hours you spend on Computer in a day??? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't shutdown the computer

i cannot shutdown my computer through GUI or CLI when i put the command shutdown -P/-r nowor press the shutdown button it goes to the login prompt and stays like that afterwards, so i press CTRL+ALT+delete (which works) but that only restarts it and closes processes like winbind and apache ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mi117
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help my computer has been compromised

Hi everyone, I hope I am posting in the right spot and I really need some help. I am going through a horrible divorce and I am afraid that my husband has compromised . He set up my mac computer and router and for my job set up remote access for me. I caught him cheating on me and I think he... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk243665
6 Replies
TREK(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   TREK(6)

NAME
trek -- trekkie game SYNOPSIS
trek [-sf] DESCRIPTION
trek is a game of space glory and war. Below is a summary of commands. For complete documentation, see Trek by Eric Allman. The -s flag makes the game somewhat more efficient if you have a (very) slow terminal. The -f flag (the default) is for faster terminals. The game will ask you what length game you would like. Valid responses are ``short'', ``medium'', and ``long''. You may also type ``restart'', which restarts a previously saved game. You will then be prompted for the skill, to which you must respond ``novice'', ``fair'', ``good'', ``expert'', ``commodore'', or ``impossible''. You should normally start out with a novice and work up. In general, throughout the game, if you forget what is appropriate the game will tell you what it expects if you just type in a question mark. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/usd/31.trek AUTHORS
Eric Allman COMMAND SUMMARY
abandon capture cloak up/down computer request; ... damages destruct dock help impulse course distance lrscan move course distance phasers automatic amount phasers manual amt1 course1 spread1 ... torpedo course [yes] angle/no ram course distance rest time shell shields up/down srscan [yes/ no] status terminate yes/no undock visual course warp warp_factor BSD
May 24, 2009 BSD