Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking nslookup en modo interactivo no guarda historial de tipeo Post 302373044 by fpmurphy on Thursday 19th of November 2009 09:04:27 AM
Old 11-19-2009
host is another utility you could use.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

named and nslookup

Guys , Am using Linux - Red Hat 6.1 . My DNS and nslookup command was working fine and ppl. can resolve through this server . but i changed something in /etc/named.conf , that stopped the DNS . The named proccess is working , but nslookup command is not , i get this error message : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

nslookup command?

Hai guys, In which way does the command,"nslookup", will be helpful? Please give me examples. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nslookup for Unix

I am connecting from windows via Putty to some other Unix server. How can I display my current windows MachineName/NTID in putty? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup output

Hi All, If I give the hostname followed by nslookup, I get the output like below, commandprompt>nslookup efgh Using /etc/hosts on: xyz looking up FILES Trying DNS Non-authoritative answer: Name: abcd Address: 47.47.47.47 Aliases: efgh I am not sure on the bolded ones. Can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajakct84
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Further nslookup options if any !!

Hi , I have a requirement to find the aliases by doing an nslookup on the Cname. If i do an nslookup on the alias name i get the Cname , but i need the cname from alias name. eg: Hostname = acb.example.com Virtual name= abcvirtual.example.com nslookup abcvirtual.example.com will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpics66
3 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Alert / Monitoring / Historial Data Open Source

hi guys my boss asked me for a tool to monitor and alert my Linux boxes... and some Win boxes... but not only monitor for high CPU Usage, hign memory usage and so on....he also wants a tool for historical data I mean something like I want to know the CPU Usage and memory usage for the last... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup: am I doing it right?

Hi guys, I'm back to get some help again :) I have a file that has a list of IP addresses, and I use nslookup in my script to resolve hostnames of those IPs. the problem I'm facing is that I not all the hostnames got resolved! and I don't know why. sometimes the same duplicate IP returns a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
8 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nslookup!!! Please look up!!!

Hi all Nslookup command returns!!!! Code: nslookup 10.91.44.29 Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 29.44.91.in-addr.arpa name = station1.example.com Code: nslookup station1.example.com Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 Name: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

9. Solaris

nslookup command

hi, I am new in Solaris 10 , i am installing a software in solaris 10, while performing pre requisite nslookup command should return without error, and the IP address and host should match those listed in the etc/hosts file, but nslookup command show the below error , can anybody tell me how i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup hanging

Hey folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a bit of a newbie at "coding" (obviously, scripting is a teensy bit different than coding) and I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to get around. I'm going through a list of servers to check their name, IP, reverse-NSLOOKUP name and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bearwhale
2 Replies
SG_RESET(8)							     SG3_UTILS							       SG_RESET(8)

NAME
sg_reset - sends SCSI device, bus or host reset; or checks reset state SYNOPSIS
sg_reset [-b] [-d] [-h] [-V] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
The sg_reset utility with no options (other than DEVICE) reports on the reset state (e.g. if a reset is underway) of DEVICE. When given a -d, -b, or -h option it requests a device, bus or host reset respectively. In the linux kernel 2.6 series this utility can be called on sd, sr (cd/dvd), st or sg device nodes; if the user has appropriate permis- sions. In the linux kernel 2.4 series support for this utility first appeared in lk 2.4.19 and could only be called on sg device nodes. Various vendors made this capability available in their kernels prior to lk 2.4.19. OPTIONS
-b attempt a SCSI bus reset. This would normally be tried if the device reset (i.e. option -d) was not successful. -d attempt a SCSI device reset. If the device seems stuck, this is the first reset that should be tried. This assumes the linux scsi mid level error handler is not already in the process of resetting DEVICE. -h attempt a host adapter reset. This would normally be tried if both device reset (i.e. option -d) and bus reset (i.e. option -b) were not successful. -V prints the version string then exits. NOTES
The error recovery code within the linux kernel when faced with SCSI commands timing out and no response from the device (LU), first tries a device reset and if that is not successful tries a bus reset. If that is not successful it tries a host reset. Users of this utility should check whether such a recovery is already underway before trying to reset with this utility. The "device,bus,host" order is also rec- ommended (i.e. first start with the smallest hammer). SAM-4 defines a hard reset (which includes a device power on and a transport reset), a logical unit reset and a I_T nexus reset. A LU reset and an I_T nexus reset can be requested via task management function (and support for LU reset is mandatory). In Linux the SCSI subsystem leaves it up to the low level drivers as to whether a "device reset" is only for the addressed LU or all the LUs in the device that con- tains the addressed LU. The "bus reset" is a transport reset. A "host reset" attempts to re-initialize the HBA that the request passes through on route to the DEVICE. Obviously a "host reset" and a "bus reset" can cause collateral damage. This utility does not allow individual SCSI commands (or tasks as they are called in SAM-4) to be aborted. SAM-4 defines ABORT TASK and ABORT TASK SET task management functions for that. AUTHORS
Written by Douglas Gilbert. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2006 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.23 December 2006 SG_RESET(8)