Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Three questions - migrating to branded zone Post 302373026 by jlliagre on Thursday 19th of November 2009 08:40:35 AM
Old 11-19-2009
1: Kernel modules are ignored in a non global zone.
2: It is possible to grant the right for a non global zone to handle NTP. There is no point in having more than one zone managing it as there is a single system clock shared by all zones.
3: Where is the third question ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

zone questions

Hi, I would like to implement zones in solaris 10 to simulate 2 nodes on a single solaris 10 using zones. Can some one tell me what does it mean by global and non-global zones Also write what is the use of using non global or global and permissions like read-write on zones. My requirement... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Postprocess issue installing Solaris 9 Branded Zone

Hello, I am attempting to install a newly configured Solaris 9 zone using the flash archive image provided on the sun website. Each time I run the install I get a failure during the Postprocess: Creating mount points. Following is the log: Log File: /var/tmp/s9-zone.install.25457.log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Prerequisites for Solaris10 Branded Zone within Solaris 11 Express

Dear all, we are trying to install a Solaris10 Branded Zone on a Solaris 11 Express system getting this message: ***The image patch level is downrev for running in a solaris10 branded zone*** The Sparc Solaris 10 system is running Release 11/06 and Patch 119254-70 is installed. Does the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xunil321
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 branded zone on a Solaris 10 server

I have a T5220 running Solaris 10. I have a application that can only run on Solaris 9. I want to build a branded Solaris 9 zone for this application on the Solaris 10 Server. What steps would I need to accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Branded Solaris 10 zone no network

I am trying to create a branded 10 zone on a Solaris 11.1 control domain. I am using a flar image (cpio) from an existing LDOM. Here are the steps taken after flarcreate. #zonecfg -z <device> >create -b >set brand=solaris10 >set zonepath=/zonez/<device> >set ip-type=exclusive >add net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
1 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS server on Solaris 10 branded zone

I am trying to get a NFS share on a Solaris 10 branded zone. I have read that this is not possible...but I was hoping someone here could tell me different. share -F nfs -o ro,anon=0 /dir This would really surprise me that you cannot do this. Thanks (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 branded zone with IPMP

All. I am trying to create a 10 branded zone on a Sol 11.1 T5. The Global is using IPMP...so aggregating is out of the question. Has anyone successfully created a branded zone with IPMP? If they have can you please show me the steps you took to get this to run. Thanks (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Branded zone Solaris 9

Hi, I want to install branded zone sol 9 in sol 10. I keep getting same error. Please advice me. Thanks. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Help setting up a bhyve branded zone

So I started with following the example on the omnios page for bhyve (sorry, I can't provide the link because I'm a post shy of the 5 to give a URL): And found that in the end I was able to create a running bhyve zone, but accessing it via zlogin results in a blank console. I've tried Debian 9... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: stratacast1
14 Replies
zcons(7D)							      Devices								 zcons(7D)

NAME
zcons - Zone console device driver DESCRIPTION
The zcons character driver exports the console for system zones. The driver is comprised of two "sides:" a master side with which applica- tions in the global zone communicate, and a slave side, which receives I/O from the master side. The slave side is available in the global zones. Applications must not depend on the location of /dev or /devices entries exported by zcons. Inside a zone, the zcons slave side is fronted by /dev/console and other console-related symbolic links, which are used by applications that expect to write to the system console. The zcons driver is Sun Private, and may change in future releases. FILES
/dev/zcons/<zonename>/masterconsole Global zone master side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zcons/<zonename>/slaveconsole Global zone slave side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zconsole Non-global zone console (slave side). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Interface Stability |Sun Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Aug 2003 zcons(7D)