Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple rename part of scripts Post 302372907 by waso on Thursday 19th of November 2009 04:34:56 AM
Old 11-19-2009
CPU & Memory Multiple rename part of scripts

i have about 30 scripts for example:

test, test1,test2, test3, test4,.....

inside every scripte is code like this:

Code:
echo "input check OK"

how to rename this line in multiple scripts in this:

Code:
echo "input error!"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename part of multiple files

Hello, I have about 200 files named like script1234_test.sh script3434_test.sh and so on... I am trying to write a script that will rename those files from test to dev, keeping the rest of the file name intact. Could anyone help? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjad02
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with multiple file rename - change case of part of file name

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this problem : I have a directory (/var/www/file/imgprofil) which contains about 10000 JPG files. They have a naming convention thus : prefix-date-key-suffix.jpg they all have the prefix p-20050608- then AAAA is a 4 letter code the suffix is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve7
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any shell scripts for cutting and pasting part of data?

Hi, I have a tab-delimited txt file as below. It is part of the original file. I want to cut the lines starting with "3" in column1 and paste them before the lines starting with "1" in column 1. So I will get Anyone knows any simple shell scripts to do that? The original file is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cliffyiu
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Rename file name / remove part of name

I have a whole file structure with jpeg files where I want to remove a part of the file name. An application added in many files a case conflict in the naming "xyz 017.jpg (Case Conflict 1)" So, can someone help me how to get rid of the " (Case Conflict 1)"? What I have is this: find . -name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple file rename

hi im new to linux and was just wondering if some 1 could help me i have folders with T.V. series in them and i would like to delete part of the filename e.g. (series name).s01e01.(episode name) (series name).s01e02.(episode name) (series name).s01e03.(episode name) (series... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevemcd1990
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename scripts using xargs/sed

Morning all I've got loads of scripts but the names are too long! I've stuck the list in a flat file (names) and I'm trying to read that in line by line and create the new names (in to directory new) from the list. It looks like this: xargs -n1 -I{} <names cat {} | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and rename part of a file

hi, Need your help. I need to write a script for below.. i have two files in directory /home/abc as below: Watch_20140203_abc.dat Watchnow_20140203_abc.dat I have to copy this file from /home/abc to /home01/home02 after that i have to rename the date part in above two files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename last part of file ?

Hi, I have large number of files like below - UNIX FY17 D21-1c Active user audit - NPP dir owner listing(vctmstt01)_072816 - Notepad.pdf UNIX FY17 D21-1c Active user audit - TTMS dir owner listing(pvcdmot35)_072816 - Notepad.pdf UNIX FY17 D21-1c Active user audit - PCP dir owner... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)