Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query on File checking
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query on File checking Post 302372789 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 07:57:36 PM
Old 11-18-2009
check the file is exist or not, should use -f

Code:
if [ -f "$YOUR_FILE" ] ; then

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error checking a file from previous file size

Hi, I'm currently trying to write a script that checks a log file for certain errors. Once checked it then records the filesize in another file. All this is fine, my problem is that the next time I do my error check I only want to check from previously recorded filesize to the end of file. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuck1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple file existence and checking file size

I want to check the files in particular directory are more that 0 Bytes i.e, Non zero byte file. The script should print a msg if all the files in that directory are empty( 0 Byte). (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for a control file before processing a data file

Hi All, I am very new to Shell scripting... I got a requirement. I will have few text files(data files) in a particular directory. they will be with .txt extension. With same name, but with a different extension control files also will be there. For example, Sample_20081001.txt is the data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: purna.cherukuri
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script check for file, alert if not there, and continue checking until file arrives

All, Is there a way to keep checking for a file over and over again in the same script for an interval of time? Ie If { mail -user continue checking until file arrives file arrives tasks exit I don't want the script to run each time and email the user each time a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File checking

Hi, I have to check file is available in particular directory. if ( -d $dir ){ print "It will say that is dir "; else print "It will say that is not dir"; } Not like this. I want to check that dir having files or not ? Please advice Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File checking

Hello Experts, File contains 5 columns with | delimeter. 1,3,5 columns are required columns means it should contains values. reset of the columns it will contain value or not. test1.txt: a@a.com|a|b|c|d |a|b|c|d output: test2.txt a@a.com|a|b|c|d I need the unix script, read the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muralikri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: File Checking Issues with 9 multiple file

Hi, I have 9 files which are generated dynamically & if there is a some condition which doesn't meet the criteria then file is not created or is of zero size. so further i am unable to consolidate the files based on following code 1 awk -F, -v ptime="201407" 'FNR==1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Multiple File existance in a UNIX folder(Note: File names are all different)

HI Guys, I have some 8 files with different name and extensions. I need to check if they are present in a specific folder or not and also want that script to show me which all are not present. I can write if condition for each file but from a developer perspective , i feel that is not a good... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarpanda003
3 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)