Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question on kstat output
Operating Systems Solaris Question on kstat output Post 302372779 by Midcain on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 06:25:49 PM
Old 11-18-2009
Project name helped out a lot

Thanks for the replies!

The project name led me to the design document for Project Nemo on the OpenSolaris website, which gave me a wordier explanation of what jlliagre had already said. Looks like I've got my answer.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

A question about output.

I am learning output the data to a file using "ofstream". I need to read data from a file and output the result to the other file in 2 different ways. To do that I have to provoke two functions, and they have to output the result to the same text file. My problem is: they are correct on the screen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kstat - format of output data?

Hi, I am looking for a cpu usage data (%usr, %iowait, %idle, %kernel) using kstat. The output of kstat is below. How do I interpret those numeric values? In other words, how do I calculate the percentage value using the values below? Thanks a lot! Ozvena module: cpu_stat ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozvena
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on prtdiag output ...

Hello all , This is the output of my prtdiag command ...The speed of each of the CPUs is listed below (1281 MHz ) ..That's fine ..I'm confused about the (System clock frequency: 183 MHZ ) ..What is the difference between System Clock freq and CPU freq ...THanks.. System Configuration: Sun... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
5 Replies

4. Solaris

where can i get the variable tree for kvm & kstat

Hi all, I am working on the symbEL to get some specific value from the kernel recently. But I am not sure whether kvm and kstat have such specific value. i checked the examples included with the RICHPse but didn't get the answer. also the "kstat" seems not have any description. Is there a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about formatting the output

I need to ask a question on how to format the output in a csv format. Right now i am running a shell script which executes a command and the following output is append through a unix script in a .csv file. So the output of xyz.csv is as follow :- 1. Number = 25 Amount $84,132.22 2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris1234
1 Replies

6. Solaris

kstat on T5220

We used kstat on netra240/440 to check if the link is full duplex. So we do something like: bash-3.00# kstat -pc net bge:1::/'link_duplex'/ | cut -f2 2 The output 2 indicates the link is full duplex. This kind of check worked all right for Netra 240/440 systems. However, the nxge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: illcar
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Issue with kstat

I have a server on Solaris 8 who had a sudden reboot once and now the messages log is filled with these errors: Mar 23 02:14:42 srt-hlr-b unix: NOTICE: kstat_create('unix', 0, 'icmp_minor_1'): cannot create kstat before kstat_init() Mar 23 02:14:42 srt-hlr-b unix: NOTICE: kstat_create('vmem',... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output file question

I am running a shell script which executes a bteq script and the output of the BTEQ script is dumped in the standard output file. The output of the bteq execution is a table with 30 columns and the width of the output would be about 800 characters for each record. My current output only shows 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mihirjani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Output Question

Hi everyone-- I'm new to these forums and shell scripting, and I'm trying to write a script that checks if a particular ip is pingable My idea was to check if the output of the command ping <some ip> -c 1 -w 1 had the string: "1 packet transmitted, 1 received"How would I go about doing this?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Question Regarding Timers and Output

Hi there. I am fairly new to scripting in BASH so please forgive my clumsy syntax and analogy as I try to explain what I am trying to accomplish. I have a list of mundane functions that I currently call from a script file. What I wish to do is to accurately record into a log file the times that... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenuous
17 Replies