Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OpenSolaris instead Sun Solaris Post 302372778 by jlliagre on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 06:25:27 PM
Old 11-18-2009
This should be easily overcome. While running X11, you can remap every key of a keyboard to whatever key you want with a script.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris : Web Based Management tools and Sun Cluster installation

Gurus, I have several questions : 1. Does Solaris 10/OpenSolaris has some kind of web based management tools ? Currently I am using WebMin. It worked fine, however I am very curious to use the tools provided by Sun Microsystem. Please advise for package name and how to activate.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing OpenSolaris on Sun v120

I have come into my possesion a v120 server at work that was decommisioned from another project. I don't have the Solaris Installation CD nor do I have root or any user credentials on this server. My goal was to install OpenSolaris on this server and use it as a playground for learning UNIX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Studio 11 in OpenSolaris

Install Sun Studio 11 on OpenSolaris 2009.06 When run IDE - system return error: touch: cannot change times on /export/home/iktomy/.sunstudio/11-SunOS-i386/system/dontshowisw: Permission denied /opt/SUNWspro/prod/scripts/jdk_chooser: line 131: cat: command not found... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iktomy
0 Replies
filter-key(7)								GGI							     filter-key(7)

NAME
filter-key, filter-keytrans - Generic key event translator SYNOPSIS
filter-key: [<file>] filter-keytrans: [<file>] DESCRIPTION
This filter translates key events according to a set of translation rules. This can be used to remap a keyboard. OPTIONS
file The name of the configuration file. If none given, the filter will first look for the file filter/keytrans in the user GGI directory ($HOME/.ggi/ on UNIX), then in the base GGI directory if not found. CONFIGURATION
The mapping is specified through a simple text file, each line being a translation rule. A line starting with a # is a comment. Each line must contain 10 values in the following order: modifier_mask Consider only the bits set here. modifier_value The bits set above must match this value. button_in, label_in, symbol_in If this is not KEY_UNMAPPED==0xffff, the button/label/symbol of the incoming key must match these fields. modifier_changemask Change these bits from the original modifiers... modifier_ormask ... set them to these - one shouldn't use that. button_out, label_out, symbol_out The data that is then sent by the keymapper. Any fields set to KEY_UNMAPPED==0xffff will be copied from the incoming event. EXAMPLE
Mapping a symbol: # Take any key that produces a symbol of 0x41 ('A') map it to ESC # # modmsk modval buttin lablin symin modchg modor butout labout symout 0x0000 0x0000 0xffff 0xffff 0x0041 0x0000 0x0000 0xffff 0xffff 0x001b libgii-1.0.x 2003-08-11 filter-key(7)