Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What do you do for a living?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you do for a living? Post 302372748 by dday on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 04:08:02 PM
Old 11-18-2009
Change Management at a bank...
Previous roles as an HP-UX Admin and Informix DBA
but I have tickered with desktops, laptops and servers since high school
I run dual-boot on my laptop to keep my hands in Unix

Remember those old Compaq(I think it was Compaq) "lunchboxes" with the orange screens and keyboard that attach to the side? That was my first "remote support" device at 300 baud......

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Starting over, making a living with linux?

I really like to use linux, although I freely admit I don't know squat about it. I can install it, update it and get it to most of what I would like it to do, up to running some windows apps on it. I am going back so to school starting on the 25th, with a declared major of Information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)					       University of Chicago					     GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)

NAME
globus-gatekeeper-admin - Manage globus-gatekeeper services SYNOPSIS
globus-gatekeeper-admin [-h] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-l] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-e SERVICE] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-E] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-d SERVICE] DESCRIPTION
The globus-gatekeeper-admin program manages service entries which are used by the globus-gatekeeper to execute services. Service entries are located in the /etc/grid-services directory. The globus-gatekeeper-admin can list, enable, or disable specific services, or set a service as the default. The -h command-line option shows a brief usage message. Listing services The -l command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to list all of the services which are available to be run by the globus-gatekeeper. In the output, the service name will be followed by its status in brackets. Possible status strings are ENABLED, DISABLED, and ALIAS to NAME, where NAME is another service name. If the -n NAME is used, then only information about the service named NAME is printed. Enabling services The -e SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service so that it may be run by the globus-gatekeeper. If the -n NAME option is used as well, then the service will be enabled with the alias NAME. Enabling a default service The -E command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service alias with the name jobmanager. The globus-gatekeeper-admin program will choose the first service it finds as the default. To enable a particular service as the default, use the -e parameter described above with the -n parameter. Disabling services The -d SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to disable a service so that it may not be run by the globus-gatekeeper. All aliases to a disabled service are also disabled. FILES
/etc/grid-services Default location of enabled gatekeeper service descriptions. University of Chicago 12/13/2011 GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)