Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Need to see CDROM on Linux box Post 302372739 by jamie_collins on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 03:44:40 PM
Old 11-18-2009
Got it resolved... Had to mount it with the device as dvd...

Code:

# mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/dvd /media

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Reboot a linux box from a windows box

HI All, I need a script to reboot a linux box from a windows box. The script needs to run automatically whenever a sitescope alerts with an error message. Have searched for this in the forums, but could not get something relative. Pls. let me know the various alternatives we have to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
2 Replies

2. Debian

VPN over Linux box.

Hi, I've installed Linux fedora 3 on my machine and I want to develop the VPN server on Linux. I've several machines which access the linux box as gateway for net and mail usage. The Webmin cp is installed on it. Now I want a external windows based machine connect to my internal windows server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin_think
4 Replies

3. Linux

How to install linux in a system without cdrom, usb boot, floppy, other OS?

Hello to everyone, I am new to linux and I want to move to this system after bad experiences with windows. I have also a particular problem. An old laptop is probably able to handle just linux at this point of its life. The cdrom is gone, the bios doesn't have usb boot support, there is no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: highkftj
6 Replies

4. Linux

How to find remote Linux box login account without login in to that box?

Hi, How to find remote Linux box login account without login in to that box? I don't have login account at my remote Linux box. But I need who are all having login account. How do I findout? Thanks, --Muthu. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuselvan
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to check if the Linux Box is available

Hi, I need to query and find out if anyone is logged into a Linux box or if the Linux Box is free available for login. This information is required to post the availability of the Linux Host for an instrument for another user to start using the instrument. Is there a command or script to query... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dks
3 Replies

6. AIX

problem on sharing cdrom drive in AIX with linux

HI i have setuped a nfs between a AIX system and a linux os ,keeping AIX as sever i need to share the CDrom in AIX server with the linux operating system. ie. linux os machine does't have a cdrom . will i be able be share ..i tried a lot but it gives a message which resembles NFS access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguraja
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Script , we are having Linux box

HI I need help on developing 2 scripts as mentioned below. One way process -> We can get files of 01, 02, 07 record types (Here we need to keep a filter to read the first 2 characters in the file and if they are equal to 01 or 02 we need to do the below process and if its 07 we need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduedi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting Linux box to Linux box

Hi, I've been able to mount my linux box to a windows machine, but I can't seem to mount my linux box to another linux box I have. (I know I could scp, but for other reasons I need to do it this way) Samba is installed. Here is an example where I mount to a Win machine.--> works fine mount... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
12 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to access redhat Linux box graphically from windows box?

Hi I have a linux box and need to access from windows graphically # uname -a Linux pc-l416116 2.6.18-155.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jun 19 17:06:47 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux What components do I need to install on Linux and windows to do that? TIA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
6 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Copying , renaming the file from windox box and ftp to Linux box

Hello my dear friends, Two file are auto generated from mon - fri at different directories on same windows box.Every day i have to copy the file, rename it (specific name)and ftp it to linux box specified directory. is it possible to automate this process,If yes this has to be done from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umesh yadav
1 Replies
volrmmount(1)							   User Commands						     volrmmount(1)

NAME
volrmmount - call rmmount to mount or unmount media SYNOPSIS
volrmmount [-i | -e] [name | nickname] volrmmount [-d] DESCRIPTION
The volrmmount utility calls rmmount(1M) to, in effect, simulate an insertion (-i) or an ejection (-e). Simulating an insertion often means that rmmount will mount the media. Conversely, simulating an ejection often means that rmmount will unmount the media. However, these actions can vary depending on the rmmount configuration and media type (see rmmount.conf(4)). For example, if you use the default /etc/rmmount.conf and insert a music CD, it will not be mounted. However, you can configure rmmount so that it calls workman whenever a music CD is inserted. This command allows you to override Volume Management's usual handling of media (see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i Simulates an insertion of the specified media by calling rmmount. -e Simulates an ejection of the specified media by calling rmmount. -d Displays the name of the default device for volrmmount to handle. This device is used if no name or nickname is supplied. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: name The name that Volume Management recognizes as the device's name. See volfs(7FS). nickname A shortened version of the device's name. Following is the list of recognized nicknames: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Nickname | Path | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd0 |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |cdrom0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |zip0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |jaz0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rmdisk0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the volrmmount command When Volume Management finds a floppy that contains a filesystem, it calls rmmount to mount it. If you wish to run tar(1) or cpio(1) on that floppy, it must first be unmounted. To unmount the floppy use: example% volrmmount -e floppy0 After volrmmount unmounts the floppy, if you wish to re-mount it (rather than ejecting it and reinserting it) use: example% volrmmount -i floppy0 Notice that if you are using a named floppy, you can use its name in place of floppy0. FILES
/dev/volctl Volume Management control port ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), eject(1), tar(1), rmmount(1M), vold(1M), rmmount.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) NOTES
Volume Management (vold) must be running to use this command. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2000 volrmmount(1)