Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming cc -- Unsatisfied symbols -- on HP-UX 10.2 Post 302372623 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 11:08:32 AM
Old 11-18-2009
The bundled cc in HP-UX is a minimum C compiler which is mainly included for doing kernel rebuilds. You need to obtain what is now called the HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle to get a real ANSI C compiler or install gcc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

undefined symbols

i am trying to compile transcode on AIX v 4.3.3 with gcc 3.0.1 i am getting this error: gcc -shared -o .libs/libexport_null.so.0 export_null.o -lpthread -ldl -lc -Wl,-bnoentry -Wl,-bexport:.libs/libexport_null.exp ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: capability_flag ld: 0711-317... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

new lines symbols in sed?

I want to edit a huge script file using sed. How can I add the new lines symbols in the red colored places? sed -e "s/test -z "$x"/if test -z "$x" then echo -1; \n else \n/g" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gogogo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

static kernel symbols

Why kernel symbols should be declared static? Closed - homework (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupa
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering symbols from contents

Hi, Any one of you guys can you help me out to filter all "," (single comma) from the below attached contents in a file. sportiva:root:/home/users/thayata/test # cat sample2.csv Heading,Sub Heading,,Detail Server details,Deployment environment:,,Standard Datacentre DC1 ,Chassis... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
2 Replies

5. AIX

Unresolved symbols

Hello experts , i have some strange problem, i wanted to create a shared object in AIX 5.3 for which i have compiled all my .cxx to .o which worked fine and then i created the .so from them , but when i do nm -Bo sample.so , i have many unresolved symbol, including printf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
0 Replies

6. Programming

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:

Hi, I am getting the following error while compiling my C++ program using GCC compiler. /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols: display (first referenced in /var/tmp//cclSYScd.o) (code) collect2: ld returned 1 exit status Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance..!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove weird symbols

Hi my file is suffering from some weird text symbols like a question mark inside of a square. I don't know how to remove these. I tried to remove UTF accents with command sed -e 's/^*Width:*//' -e 's/*$//'` but no use . Could u guyz plz help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting symbols

Can anyone please tell me what the following do 1. < 2. << Thanks Calypso (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Calypso
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with understanding the symbols '~#' and '~$'

I noticed that sometimes there is "~#" or "~$" in the terminal. What is that? I can't make any research in google because I don't know what are they called. I even tried reading pdf's or books but unfortunately, I wasn't lucky to find out. Maybe I was not persistent enough but I am really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chams
3 Replies

10. AIX

Errno.h symbols

Hi, I need to look at a recent copy of /usr/include/errno.h from AIX 7.2 to check some symbols. In particular, I'm curious if it defines EOWNERDEAD and ENOTRECOVERABLE. Can someone who has access to 7.2 please check for me? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topcat
1 Replies
Module::Install::Bundle(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Module::Install::Bundle(3)

NAME
Module::Install::Bundle - Bundle distributions along with your distribution SYNOPSIS
Have your Makefile.PL read as follows: use inc::Module::Install; name 'Foo-Bar'; all_from 'lib/Foo/Bar.pm'; requires 'Baz' => '1.60'; # one of either: bundle 'Baz' => '1.60'; # OR: auto_bundle; WriteAll; DESCRIPTION
Module::Install::Bundle allows you to bundle a CPAN distribution within your distribution. When your end-users install your distribution, the bundled distribution will be installed along with yours, unless a newer version of the bundled distribution already exists on their local filesystem. While bundling will increase the size of your distribution, it has several benefits: Allows installation of bundled distributions when CPAN is unavailable Allows installation of bundled distributions when networking is unavailable Allows everything your distribution needs to be packaged in one place Bundling differs from auto-installation in that when it comes time to install, a bundled distribution will be installed based on the distribution bundled with your distribution, whereas with auto-installation the distibution to be installed will be acquired from CPAN and then installed. METHODS
o auto_bundle() Takes no arguments, will bundle every distribution specified by a "requires()". When you, as a module author, do a "perl Makefile.PL" the latest versions of the distributions to be bundled will be acquired from CPAN and placed in inc/BUNDLES/. o bundle($name, $version) Takes a list of key/value pairs specifying a distribution name and version number. When you, as a module author, do a perl Makefile.PL the distributions that you specified with "bundle()" will be acquired from CPAN and placed in inc/BUNDLES/. o bundle_deps($name, $version) Same as "bundle", except that all dependencies of the bundled modules are also detected and bundled. To use this function, you need to declare the minimum supported perl version first, like this: perl_version( '5.005' ); o auto_bundle_deps Same as "auto_bundle", except that all dependencies of the bundled modules are also detected and bundled. This function has the same constraints as bundle_deps. BUGS
Please report any bugs to (patches welcome): http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Module-Install AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> Documentation by Adam Foxson <afoxson@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005 by Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2012-03-01 Module::Install::Bundle(3)