Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to reduce LVM to create another LVM Post 302372555 by vbe on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 08:15:37 AM
Old 11-18-2009
As mentionned by Scrutinizer... First would be to know if you have Online JFS:
Code:
ant:/home/vbe $ swlist |grep JFS   
  B3929CA                               B.11.11.03.03  HP OnLineJFS

Because if you dont reducing /var means going single user...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there a tutorial on how to create RAID 1 on top of lvm?

Hi, there are tons of RAID1 tutorials, but none of them deal with lvm. The problem is that I want to expand my current lvm partition over RAID1 rather than creating a new lvm partition after RAID1 is created. My master harddrive has lvm partition. I'm wondering how to create a RAID1 image of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

create /var lvm during install

Hi All, How do I create /var as LVM type during install? I want my new OS to have /var as LVM so that I could extend it on the fly. Thanks for any comment you may add. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. AIX

Help with lvm

i have os 5.1 and i do mirror with hdisk0 and hdisk1 on rootvg at the end i get error in mail that: At least one partition mirror is broken please call sysadmin hd5 boot 1 2 2 closed/stale N/A the other fs seems ok and sync what to do about the hd5??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitt74
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Create volume using LVM over 2 physical disks

I wanted to know how we can combine volumes over 2 physical drives. # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 42.9 GB, 42949672960 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 5221 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sda1 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
16 Replies

6. Linux

Create LVM of 2 Hard Drives while installing Centos 6.4.

Hello, I have install 2 HDD in my server and now installing the Centos6.4. I want create the LVM of those 2 HDD's so while i'm doing this it is not allowing me to select these 2 disk's from allowable disk list. Same problem if i tried to make Software RAID with creating LVM. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create LVM snapshots?

Please suggest me how do I create LVM snapshots in linux. Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using parted command to create LVM partitions

Oracle Linux 6.6 To create Physical Volumes for Volume groups (LVM) , the disk need to be partitioned to LVM type ie. 'Linux LVM' type . In fdisk , this can done by choosing 8e when prompted for partition type. Since it is easy to script (non-interactive), I use parted command rather than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John K
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to reduce the LVM Size in RHEL/Centos 7 ?

Hi All, I have one logical volume with size as 900G and it is mounted as xfs file system. Now I want to reduce this partition to 500G. So I followed the below steps. unmount the mount point /home Reduced the volume using the command Now I remounted the partition. But the problem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies
vgrestore(1M)															     vgrestore(1M)

NAME
vgrestore - restore a VxVM disk group back to an LVM volume group SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vgrestore vg_name DESCRIPTION
The vgrestore command restores a Logical Volume Manager (LVM) volume group that was previously converted to a VxVM disk group by the vxvm- convert utility. ARGUMENTS
vg_name Specifies the name of a volume group that was converted to a VxVM disk group by the vxvmconvert utility. EXIT CODES
vgrestore exits with one of the following values: 0 Successful completion. >0 Failure; an error occurred. WARNINGS
vgrestore functions only on VxVM disk groups that were converted from LVM volume groups by the vxvmconvert command. It is a good idea to back up user data before running vgrestore, and restore it after the vgrestore completes, as vgrestore can only restore a logical volume back to the state it was in before conversion to VxVM. If data changed on the volume while it was a VxVM volume, the changes won't be reflected on the volume after being restored to LVM. As part of the original conversion process, applications that once referenced the now-converted LVM volume's path names may have changed to reference VxVM volume special device file names. Alternatively, special device file path names originally representing the now-converted LVM volumes may have changed to symbolic links pointing to the VxVM volume path names. Be sure to undo these actions when restoring back to LVM. Do not use vgrestore unless you are certain that you want to restore LVM volume groups. After vgrestore this is run, the VxVM disks will no longer exist. EXAMPLES
To restore the LVM volume group vg03 that was converted by vxvmconvert to the VxVM disk group dg03, enter: vgcfgrestore vg03 SEE ALSO
vxvmconvert(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Migration Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vgrestore(1M)