Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unicode programing in C
Top Forums Programming Unicode programing in C Post 302372543 by broli on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 07:55:42 AM
Old 11-18-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
A lot of code is passive, IMO. But there are still some issues:

Linux Unicode programming
well. im amazed.
i made the folowing code. event without setting a locale (aka staying with the default C locale) i can parse anything!!!

utf8/utf8io.c at master from broli's tests - GitHub

and the test file is
utf8/UTF-8-demo.html at master from broli's tests - GitHub

it cant get more utf that that. it even has braile in it
i tried to make that code fail, by setting locales to C or non UTF-8 variants, and just couldnt make it fail

for what i could gather in the webpage you gave me, alot of code is just passive (like cat, and my code)
i have to be carefull, because now, i cant asume strlen equals the amount of char AND the amount of columns when printed.
i have to use strlen to calculate the size to malloc, but to get the printable size, i need to convert it to wide characters and use wcwidth

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics programing

Hi all! I`m new in Unix (Linux) and i whant to ask something! What language should i use for Linux developing.I meen applications an GAME DEVELOPING! Should i use C,TCL ??? Please help me on this ...:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebastyan
1 Replies

2. Programming

Win programing

I am having a windows and i would like to know whitch program do you prefer for programing in windows P.S. C++ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.Borak
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to display unicode characters / unicode string

I have a stream of characters like "\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1" and i want to display it. I tried following things already without any luck. 1) printf("%s",L("\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1")); 2) printf("%lc",0x8BBE); 3) setlocale followed by fwide followed by wprintf 4) also changed the local manually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdorso
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

crontab programing

How can program at crontab dayly each 30 minut (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petroleo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Programing (need help)

plx help to solve these problems?? 1. Create a HERE document which will edit multiple files in the same directory, using the ed editor. I give you 3 original files: file1.c , file2.c , file3.c, download them and change each string "stdio.h" to "STDIO.H" in these files. Note: when execute the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoCalledEngr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programing...

Hi... i need to write a shell script wich shows the full name and station of every logged user in the system. pls help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: relu89
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Netork programing

Hello experts, please help me as i want to learn the networking concepts in details , as i come know Unix network programming by Richard Stevens volume 1,2 is good please any of you downloaded the Free PDF version of it please direct m e as i want to download these books or the pdf form of it,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Help with Unix socket programing

hi I am strucked in a client server program client need to login to server client logins if only username and password are correct i have written a program username is stored as file and password is smilar to username whic is stored in that file when server asks for username... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik1238
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in awk programing

i wrote an awk progarm to calculate throughput from a ns2 trace file. i want this program to act on multiple trace files and it should display each output in a single output file can anyone please clear my doubt i tried with awk -f awkscript inputfile1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathyy
7 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)