Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create multiple text file from a single text file on AIX Post 302372517 by lodhi1978 on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 06:39:54 AM
Old 11-18-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin52
Code:
awk '/A\/C NO. TYPE\/CCY :/{f=$(NF-1)}f{print > f}' unixfile

Files generated with A/C No. as required, but the initial 2 lines of every statement missed in newly created text files. i.e.

TITLE OF ACCOUNT : MUHAMMAD RASHID STATEMENT DATE : 18/11/2009 00:18:07^M
MUHAMMAD RASHID STATEMENT PERIOD : 01-NOV-09 - 30-NOV-09^M

I tried to create the files as below

Code:
awk '/TITLE OF ACCOUNT ://A\/C NO. TYPE\/CCY :/{f=$(NF-1)}f{print > f}' rba141_15828820.eod.txt

it gave me following error: Smilie
Syntax Error The source line is 1.
The error context is
/TITLE OF ACCOUNT >>> ://A\ <<< /C NO. TYPE\/CCY :/{f=$(NF-1)}f{print > f}
awk: 0602-500 Quitting The source line is 1.

Actually I want to named the file as A/C Number while data should start from Title of Account.

Regards,

Hassan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep multiple text files in folder into 1 text file?

How do I use the grep command to take mutiple text files in a folder and make one huge text file out of them. I'm using Mac OS X and can not find a text tool that does it so I figured I'd resort to the BSD Unix CLI for a solution... there are 5,300 files that I want to write to one huge file so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppertone
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove multiple text from a single file

Dear all, I have a file which have let us say records from A-Z. Now I want to remove multiple letter from this file using single command.. let us say I want to remove A,F,K,Y,U,P,B,S,D. I can use grep -v command but for this case i need to rerun the file several time i wana avoid using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep multiple lines from a text file using another text file?

I would like to use grep to select multiple lines from a text file using a single-column text file. Basically I want to only select lines from the first text file where the second column of the first text file matches the second text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing text in multiple files, but with different text for each file

Hello, I have a situation where I want to change a line of text in multiple files, but the problem is that I want to change the text to something unique for each file. For example, let's say I have five files named bob.txt, joe.txt, john.txt, tom.txt, and zach.txt. Each of these files has a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scatterbrain26
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a text file into multiple text files?

I have a text file with entries like 1186 5556 90844 7873 7722 12 7890.6 78.52 6679 3455 9867 1127 5642 ..N so many records like this. I want to split this file into multiple files like cluster1.txt, cluster2.txt, cluster3.txt, ..... clusterN.txt. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pdftotext from multiple pdf files to a single text file

I have a directory having a number of pdf files. I want to convert all the files to text, stored in a single text file The following creates multiple text files ls *.pdf | xargs -n1 pdftotext (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple files from single file based on row separator

Hello , Can anyone please help me to solve the below - Input.txt source table abc col1 char col2 number source table bcd col1 date col2 char output should be 2 files based on the row separator "source table" abc.txt col1 char (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)