Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Numerically sort problem for a long list of file name Post 302372515 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 06:04:56 AM
Old 11-18-2009
Try:
Code:
sort -t_ -k2n

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort file alphabetically AND numerically

Hi all. I have 2 files like this: f1 A 10 B 80 C 9 f2 A 11 B 700 C 10 What I want is the concatenation of the two files sorted by name (alphabetically) and size (numerically), so the result should be like this: F3 (cat f1 f2 sorted) A 10 A 11 B 80 B 700 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort 2 columns numerically

Hi, A basic query. In the example file below, I want to sort by column 1 and then by column 2 numerically. I have tried sort -k2n,1 file1 but while this sorts the columns in the correct order, it does not sort column 2 numerically. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, if you have time to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort numerically a non numerical

Hello, I have this sample data: 01 * * * * 01 * * * * 01 * * * * 01 * * * * 01 0 * * * 01 0 * * * 01 0 * * * 01 0 * * * 02 * * * 0 02 * * * 0 02 * * * 6 02 * * * 6 02 0 * * 1 02 0 * * 1 02 0 * * 2 02 0 * * 2 02 0 * * 3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort alphabetically, then numerically

Greetings - I'm not necessarily new to bash scripting - I'm probably between beginner and intermediate, but I have something that I just cannot figure out after many attempts to find it. I have a file that is merely a list of many files, with their respective paths, and a branch path (ClearCase)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1cor29
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cat long list of file

I have long list of input file's content that I plan to "cat" all of the content into another output file. The total input file is around 20,000 which all named with ".txt" Below is the command that I try: cat *.txt > all_file.out -bash: /usr/bin/sudo: Cannot allocate memory Unfortunately,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argument list too long problem

I have a huge set of files (with extension .common) in my directory around 2 million. When I run this script on my Linux with BASH, I get /bin/awk: Argument list too long awk -F'\t' ' NR == FNR { a=NR } NR != FNR { sub(".common", "", FILENAME) print a, FILENAME, $1 } '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort help: How to sort collected 'file list' by date stamp :

Hi Experts, I have a filelist collected from another server , now want to sort the output using date/time stamp filed. - Filed 6, 7,8 are showing the date/time/stamp. Here is the input: #---------------------------------------------------------------------- -rw------- 1 root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Reverse the order of a list of file names (but not sort them alphabetically or numerically)

Hello all, I have a list of file names in a text document where each file name consists of 4 letters and 3 numbers (for example MACR119). There are 48 file names in the document (they are not in alphabetical or numerical order). I would like to reorder the list of names so that the 48th name is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List numerically in ascending order

Hello, I am running ubuntu 16.04 and trying to list all files inside a directory, I need to sort them in ascending order. While surfing on the site, I found an old thread but somehow it did not work. Link Ascending order with sort -nk2 myfile.txt command gives below output: file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to sort files in directory numerically?

Trying to sort a bunch of files numerically but can't seem to get the command just right. This is in a IBM AIX machine. I have a directory that has... backup.bk1 backup.bk100 backup.bk2 backup.bk200 backup.bk3 backup.bk300 There are a lot more files but this is shortened for the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)