Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Pattern Match
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Pattern Match Post 302372504 by nmattam on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 05:40:42 AM
Old 11-18-2009
Perl Pattern Match

Hi Friends, I have a tuff time with regular expressionss. Please let me know how to make this happen as it consumed lots of my time but in vain. Here is the sample text file i need to match for. I need to search for pattern1 removed, if it matches then search for pattern types either SE\ or dcfm-derby-dataload.sql not both. Similarly i need to search for pattern2 added and if it matches then search for either dcm-postgres-schema.sql or migrate\. Here i need to print files(dcm-postgres-schema.sql) and directories(migrate\) separately if it matches for removed and if it matches for added separately. Please help me.

---------[ removed ]---------------|----------------------------------
SE\ 2008-11-01 vbhupati |-
dcfm-derby-dataload.sql vo+|-
dcfm-derby-schema.sql voba+|-
dcfm-nms-sybase-dataload.sql 27T+|-
-----------------------------------|---------------[ added ]----------
-| dcm-inm-postgres-schema.sql T0+
-----------------------------------|---------------[ added ]-----------
-| dcm-postgres-dataload.sql 23T08:+
----------------------------------|---------------[ added ]-----------
-| dcm-postgres-schema.sql -T01:58+
-| migrate\ --10-13T06:31 ycho

Output must be like, i should be able to print both the lines:
SE\ 2008-11-01 vbhupati |-
dcfm-derby-dataload.sql vo+|-
-----------------------------------|---------------[ added ]----------
-| dcm-inm-postgres-schema.sql T0+
-| dcm-postgres-dataload.sql 23T08:+
Please help me. Thanks, nmattam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to match a pattern and print lines

Hi I have a file (say 'file1')and I want to search for a first occurence of pattern (say 'ERROR') and print ten lines in the file below pattern. I have to code it in PERL and I am using Solaris 5.9. I appreciate any help with code Thanks Ammu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing Multiple Lines after pattern match

Hello People, Need some assistance/guidance. OUTLINE: Two files (File1 and File2) File1 has some ids such as 009463_3922_1827 897654_8764_5432 File2 has things along the lines of: Query= 009463_3922_1827 length=252 (252 letters) More stufff here ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match url in string / PERL

Am trying to remove urls from text strings in PERL. I have the following but it does not seem to work: $remarks =~ s/www\.\s+\.com//gi; In English, I want to look for www. then I want to delete the www. and everything after it until I hit a space (but not including the space). It's not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrealty
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Array / pattern match large CPU usage

Hi, I have one file in this format 20 value1 33 value2 56 value3 I have another file in this format: 34,30-SEP-09,57,100237775,33614510126,2,34 34,30-SEP-09,57,100237775,33620766654,2,34 34,30-SEP-09,108,100237775,33628458122,2,34 34,30-SEP-09,130,100237775,33635266741,2,254... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl pattern match on xml

using perl Hi All, i was wondering if anyone can solve how to extract the full tag from the xml line ie not sure what to put in the m// to get the string "/data/TOP471//context_data/instruments.txt" I basically want the above filename in a variable for further processing... $_ =" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace with pattern match using Perl

I have to replace a line, if it has a pattern for example Suppose file.out contains: <tr><td class="cB">Hello</td><td class="cB">1245</td><td class="cB">958</td><td class="cRB">1.34</td><td class="cRB">1.36</td></tr> <tr><td class="cB">world</td><td class="cB">3256</td><td... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl match pattern

Hi all, i have a peice of Perl script like this: foreach (@line) { @tmp = split /;/,$_; #print "Line is: $_\n"; switch($tmp){ case m/p60/i { push @p60, , $tmp ]; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//)

I have written a PERL script to read files from directory that the filename contains OT. It then takes each line of each file and prints the first 5 characters before the first occurence of a /. Currently I am getting the error: Use of uninitialized value in string at rowGrab.pl line 43.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl removing line match with pattern in column

Hi, I have log like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl removing line match with pattern in column

Hi, I have log like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)