Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sync files between unix client and windows 2003 server Post 302372485 by lokeshsingla on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 04:27:25 AM
Old 11-18-2009
Actually, Windows system is server and i want to upload files from Unix based system(client) to server using rsync or something else.....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Windows Client Vs Unix Server?

i have written a TCP client server application in c under unix. The windows systems should also be alowed to connect to the TCP server running on linux.So i wrote a small client application in VB using winsock. The client and server works fine in the linux environment. When i tried to connect the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Explor the Unix server on Windows Client machine

Hi, I am doin a project that'll work as a normal Explorer on Windows but the best thing is it'll be exploring the content of a UNIX server. The application would be runnin on the windows platform with probably a FTP server on UNIX server. How i should proceed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziaullahk
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Server 2003 file sharing with UNIX

We have a Windows Server 2003 box and I'd like to share a drive with a Sun Solaris box so that the Sun Solaris box can copy files to/from the Windows Server 2003. I believe that Windows Services for UNIX 3.5 will allow me to do this, can anyone comfirm this ? Also, any links on how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markgrimes
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Windows Server 2003

Hello All, I need your help with this, i appreciate all your help that you can give. Windows NT Domains Connect Windows XP as a domain client to both systems, Windows Server 2003 and Unix. Secure shell Set up secure shell on Linux (ssh). Set up secure client on Windows XP. Putty? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: italia
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

OpenSSH with windows server 2003

Hi people, I'm trying to configure the OpenSSH in my win server 2003 to accept connection with public/private keys, without password. I research all over internet sites about, almost all them, have the same instructions that doesn't work. I can just get a sFTP connection with password without... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laurentiis
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp Connection from Unix to Windows 2003 server using Passphrase

Hi All, I am trying to connect from Unix machine to Windows 2003 server using passphrase method. It is connecting to the server and the connection is immediately closing. Below is the stack trace. Can anyone let me know what wrong with it? cwadmin@iut1wps1:/home/cwadmin> ssh username@targetip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijayin
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Server migration from samba+ldap to windows server 2003

Hi, i have a server installed samba+openldap (pdc). Need to migration windows server 2003 (active directory) object users, computers. Where you can read how to do it? Or can tell me how to do it? Thanks. P.S. Sorry for bad english (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap0st0l
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

map unix directory to Windows 2003 server

Hi, I am new unix, In the unix server we have two folders 1. /home/directory/sub1/ 2. /home/directory/sub2/ Under each sub we have some other subfolders also. Here my question is I want to create sub2(including subfolder of this) as share drive to windows 2003 server. Can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabu.ps
7 Replies
BBACKUPD(8)							    Box Backup							       BBACKUPD(8)

NAME
bbackupd - Box Backup client daemon SYNOPSIS
bbackupd [-DFkqvVT] [-c config-file] [-t tag] DESCRIPTION
bbackupd runs on client computers in the background, finding new files to back up. When it is time for a backup, bbackupd will connect to the server (bbstored) to upload the files. A running bbackupd daemon can be controlled with the bbackupctl command, to make it shut down, reload its configuration, or start an immediate backup. bbackupd needs to be configured to tell it which files to back up, how often, and to which server (running bbstored). See the Client Configuration page for more information. For this, you must write a configuration file. You must either place it in the default location, or tell bbackupd where to find it. You can check the default location with the -h option. The default on Unix systems is usually /etc/box/bbackupd.conf. On Windows systems, it is bbackupd.conf in the same directory where bbackupd.exe is located. If bbackupd cannot find or read the configuration file, it will log an error message and exit. bbackupd usually writes log messages to the system logs, using the facility local5, which you can use to filter them to send them to a separate file. It can also write them to the console, see options below. If bbackupd is not doing what you expect, please check the logs first of all. Options -c config-file Use the specified configuration file. If -c is omitted, the last argument is the configuration file. If none is specified, the default is used (see above). -D Debugging mode. Do not fork into the background (do not run as a daemon). Not available on Windows. -F No-fork mode. Same as -D for bbackupd. Not available on Windows. -k Keep console open after fork, keep writing log messages to it. Not available on Windows. -q Run more quietly. Reduce verbosity level by one. Available levels are NOTHING, FATAL, ERROR, WARNING, NOTICE, INFO, TRACE, EVERYTHING. Default level is NOTICE in non-debugging builds. Use once to drop to WARNING level, twice for ERROR level, four times for no logging at all. -v Run more verbosely. Increase verbosity level by one. Use once to raise to INFO level, twice for TRACE level, three times for EVERYTHING (currently the same as TRACE). -V Run at maximum verbosity (EVERYTHING level). -t tag Tag each console message with specified marker. Mainly useful in testing when running multiple daemons on the same console. -T Timestamp each line of console output. FILES
/etc/box/bbackupd.conf SEE ALSO
bbackupd.conf(5), bbackupd-config(8), bbackupctl(8) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 BBACKUPD(8)