Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with logrotation
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Need help with logrotation Post 302372439 by renuka on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 02:48:19 AM
Old 11-18-2009
Bug

Hi

thanks for the reply and solution... I want to ask you a question that *.bkp are directories and not files under /tftpboot directory. I am not sure if we can rotate directories using logrotate.

find /tftpboot/ -iname 'bkp*.gz' -type f -mtime +7 -exec rm -f \{\} \;

Also would you please explain what [ -exec rm -f \{\} \; ] means..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logrotation

Hi , We have so many log files which will increase the size day by day.. can any one let us know how to rotate the log files.. I want to move the logfile to other location after particular time and size of the log file is there any script to change these?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with logrotation

Hi, I have been trying to configure log rotation for the OS version Solaris 10, however it is not working. In Linux, these would be the parameters : rotate 4 missingok notifempty compress size 15M create 0644 root root To do the same in Solaris, I am not sure of the exact parameters... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backup for iDevices running iOS4+. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. unback unpack a completed backup in DIRECTORY/_unback_/. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)