Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with logrotation
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Need help with logrotation Post 302372439 by renuka on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 02:48:19 AM
Old 11-18-2009
Bug

Hi

thanks for the reply and solution... I want to ask you a question that *.bkp are directories and not files under /tftpboot directory. I am not sure if we can rotate directories using logrotate.

find /tftpboot/ -iname 'bkp*.gz' -type f -mtime +7 -exec rm -f \{\} \;

Also would you please explain what [ -exec rm -f \{\} \; ] means..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logrotation

Hi , We have so many log files which will increase the size day by day.. can any one let us know how to rotate the log files.. I want to move the logfile to other location after particular time and size of the log file is there any script to change these?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani4u
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with logrotation

Hi, I have been trying to configure log rotation for the OS version Solaris 10, however it is not working. In Linux, these would be the parameters : rotate 4 missingok notifempty compress size 15M create 0644 root root To do the same in Solaris, I am not sure of the exact parameters... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies
RARPD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  RARPD(8)

NAME
rarpd -- Reverse ARP Daemon SYNOPSIS
rarpd [-adf] [interface] DESCRIPTION
Rarpd services Reverse ARP requests on the Ethernet connected to interface. Upon receiving a request, rarpd maps the target hardware address to an IP address via its name, which must be present in both the ethers(5) and hosts(5) databases. If a host does not exist in both data- bases, the translation cannot proceed and a reply will not be sent. Additionally, a request is honored only if the server (i.e., the host that rarpd is running on) can "boot" the target; that is, if the direc- tory /tftpboot/ipaddr exists, where is the target IP address. In normal operation, rarpd forks a copy of itself and runs in the background. Anomalies and errors are reported via syslog(3). OPTIONS
-a Listen on all the Ethernets attached to the system. If '-a' is omitted, an interface must be specified. -d Run in debug mode, with all the output to stderr. This option implies the -f option. -f Run in the foreground. FILES
/etc/ethers /etc/hosts /tftpboot SEE ALSO
bpf(4), Finlayson, R., Mann, T., Mogul, J.C., and Theimer, M., A Reverse Address Resolution Protocol, RFC 903. AUTHORS
Craig Leres (leres@ee.lbl.gov) and Steven McCanne (mccanne@ee.lbl.gov). Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, CA. October 26, 1990