Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check process running Status with PID Post 302372432 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 02:36:25 AM
Old 11-18-2009
Try:
Code:
ps -p $PID >&-

-or perhaps-
Code:
ps p $PID >&-

ps varies from system to system.
See what
Code:
man ps |grep -i pidlist

says

E.g.
Code:
PID=<nr>
if  ps -p $PID >&- ; then
  echo running
else
  echo not running
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check status of a PID

i'm just learning scripting, and have been banging my head against this I want to check if my WAS6 java process is running and if so..echo me a messages. If not then echo me a different messages the problem i have is I dont know how to represent a NULL return value. If i grep for a was6... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the status of the processes running for the current user?

Hi All, I am new to unix. Can anyone tell me "How to check the status of the processes running for the current user?" Regards, Ravindaran S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravind27
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know the status of process running in background

I have run one shell script in background that contains a endless while loop. I am not able to know the status of that job . Please provide any command to know this. I have already used "ps -aef" , "jobs" to know it , but it didn't work. I am sure the process is running as it is generating a file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanta
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the details of the previously running process with PID

OS: Unix or Linux I (only) know the pid of the process which was running earlier (say 5 hrs back) but it is not running now. Is there a way I could find the details of that process? (atleast the name of the process). Please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay.d
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check the process Status and do something

Hi we have weblogic deployed under Linux Enterprise 5 . Now i want to write a script that checks if weblogic is running or not I have found that weblogic uses Java as process . Can i do this way : my Script File : Echo Checking Status if then echo Server Running else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Pavanv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the process status

Hi, I have a cron job which runs every ten minutes, now i hav to check the process whether it is running or not only once and then this should be sent to a log file.. crontab : 00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * a process check ps = 'ps -ef |grep a ' if then echo " Success" >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

7. Linux

Check up the status of a Script (running or not)

Hello, i allready search on google und here in the local Forum, but can't found something. I need a query in php, that check whether a process (script) is running or not. Like this: php query: /usr/bin/Script01 >> if runnig, then: "Script01 is Online", if not "Script01 is Offline" I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProTechEx
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check process status

Hi Team, I am using redhat 6.4 version server.We have a script which is used to check the process and sends email if the process is not running.If it is running it will continue and do some other operation. I didnot understand below option -z in the if condition.I have tried to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check status of process

Hi All, Have a query How to check for a process and if down start it , try if for 2 times and its not starting don't do it My code is working to some extent but while starting try starting both times. Please advise , whats wrong here ? if you have any other approach please do share. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pid file and process check

Hello, I am running ubuntu14.04 What I am trying to do is restart a process with a shell when pid is dead. I restored pid nr in a file and check with ps aux | grep -v grep | grep $(cat *.pid)| awk '{ print $2 }' While surfing on google, I have found an answer saying that restoring pid in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)