Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Remote connections unable after power falls Post 302372376 by Levenson on Tuesday 17th of November 2009 08:43:27 PM
Old 11-17-2009
Take a look at the /etc/resolv.conf. Do you have any dns servers? I can't exactly remember, but I have already have a headache with this kind of problem. What I clearly remember that it was incorrect DNS settings, and my FreeBSD doesn't show me any kind of errors.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to open remote connections

Hello everybody, This is an unusual problem that I am facing on my Solaris 9 on Sun Blade 150 workstation. I can ping remote machines (outside subnet) but I can't open up a connection/port on those machines. For example, `ping ftp.xyz.com` gives ftp.xyz.com is alive but if I do a `ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: red_crab
1 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to set remote printer in AIX

Hi all, I am a beginner in AIX. I am facing a problem with remote printing in AIX. HP laser jet 1320 printer is connected to a printer server (PCI Mini - 100U3), which is configured as remote printer from AIX server. But I am not able to print from the AIX server by using "lp -d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rainy
0 Replies

3. Solaris

unable to ssh to remote host

server is ok, I can login on console. however, when I use SSH teachia, there is no repsond. i have check ps-ef | grep ssh, it shows ok. restart ssh too. still not working. Anything else I need to check? # ps -ef | grep ssh root 24706 1 0 Jun 12 ? 0:00... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
7 Replies

4. Linux

Securing remote connections

Hi all, I have a couple of questions I've been searching on internet but I didn't find a suitable solution. The aim is that I'd like to access to my home Linux (an 8.04 Ubuntu) from outside. I already achieved with ssh, but I'd like to secure as much as I can. These are questions: The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlbertGM
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to power on remote server ?

i have doubt about how to power on server from remote location with out contacting with data center people? please anybody replay with whole info. thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskerreddy.ch
3 Replies

6. Solaris

unable to sftp to a remote server from Unix machine

Hi, I get the below when i try to sftp to a remote server $ export SOCKS5C_CONFIG=~/.ssh/socks5c.conf $ sftp -v -s /usr/lib/sftp-server -oPort=2222 -oIdentityFile=~/.ssh/wm_privat> Connecting to ftp01.wmgruppe.de... Sun_SSH_1.1.3, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f debug1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bigbee
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

unable to connect remote server using ssh

hi all i am unable to connect remote server using ssh but i am able to ping the server ssh service is running. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

See AIX server remote connections

Good morning, Is there any command to view remote conxiones an AIX server? Thank you very much and best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: systemoper
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to ssh to remote server

Hi, I have two SunOs sparc servers mac1 and mac2. I have exchanged keys between them inorder to passwordless login ssh from mac1 to mac2. However, it is failing after authentication. Part of the debug is as below. Please suggest whats wrong and how do i fix that!! Note: i do not have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
UCMATOSE(1)							     librdmacm							       UCMATOSE(1)

NAME
ucmatose - RDMA CM connection and simple ping-pong test. SYNOPSIS
ucmatose [-s server_address] [-b bind_address] [-c connections] [-C message_count] [-S message_size] ucmatose -s server_address [-b bind_address] [-c connections] [-C message_count] [-S message_size] [-t tos] DESCRIPTION
Establishes a set of reliable RDMA connections between two nodes using the librdmacm, optionally transfers data between the nodes, then disconnects. OPTIONS
-s server_address The network name or IP address of the server system listening for connections. The used name or address must route over an RDMA device. This option must be specified by the client. -b bind_address The local network address to bind to. -c connections The number of connections to establish between the client and server. (default 1) -C message_count The number of messages to transfer over each connection. (default 10) -S message_size The size of each message transferred, in bytes. (default 100) -t tos Indicates the type of service used for the communication. Type of service is implementation dependent based on subnet configura- tion. -m Tests event channel migration. Migrates all communication identifiers to a different event channel for disconnect events. NOTES
Basic usage is to start ucmatose on a server system, then run ucmatose -s server_name on a client system. Because this test maps RDMA resources to userspace, users must ensure that they have available system resources and permissions. See the libibverbs README file for additional details. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7), udaddy(1), mckey(1), rping(1) librdmacm 2007-05-15 UCMATOSE(1)