Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use sftp in scripts to transfer data from mainframe to Solaris Post 302372348 by adderek on Tuesday 17th of November 2009 06:15:07 PM
Old 11-17-2009
1. man sftp
2. sftp hostname... but you should not use it from automated mode
3. man scp
4. man ssh
5. mkdir ~/.ssh ; man ssh|grep authorized_keys
6. If you have used ftp then it seems that you are not aware that something might be insecure... Are you using telnet as well? Let me google that for you
7. Maybe you might use NFS?
8. Imagine the following: You have started ftp then something went wrong - but you have provided all the commands to ftp. Instead of "rm -rf my_file" you have executed "rm -rf /". Not possible? I think that it is quite possible...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Secure File Transfer for Mainframe systems

Hi guys, I would like to transfer files from UNIX machine to Mainframe system (using UNIX machine as client). The transfer process needs to be secure (i.e. data sent thro network should be encrypted using 128-bit encryption algorithm). I came to know that SFTP server is not available for Mainframe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydneymoon
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: SFTP via Mainframe using BPXBATCH

Hi, I am trying to execute sftp transfer via the bpxbatch utility. I am getting an exit status of 16. Any idea what this means ? I have searched almost everywhere but couldn't find the mention of status 16. Below is the log: debug1: Next authentication method: publickey. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali_asgar
0 Replies

3. AIX

Problems with SSH/SFTP between AIX and Mainframe

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been solved in this forum already but please do help me out if possible. Basically, I've already setup a passwordless SSH connection between 2 AIX IDs (say ID-1 and ID-2) with a Mainframe server ID (say MVSID). I'm able to successfully do an SSH from the AIX server to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sambeet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX sftp from mainframe

I have the following UNIX script which copies a file from a UNIX server in Canada to a UNIX server in the UK. LOG=/data/proj/sftp/canada.log DAT=`date "+%d/%m/%y %H:%M"` HOMEDIR=/data/proj/sftp TGTFILE=P_DATA.csv cd $HOMEDIR echo "\nStarting retrieval of Canadian Data at $DAT" >> $LOG ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mishnok
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SFTP and FTP to transfer data from One Remote Server To Another

HI I need to write a script in 415univ server which should go to 534unix server and move the files from there to windows server. I am not able to get it bcoz sftp prompt is not allowing ftp command. Can some one plz help me Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP transfer does not complete

I am able to connect to a site and start a file transfer via SFTP, but when the file reaches "100%" -- the file does not complete and "stop". The 100% transfer status does not change (obviously), but the timer for SFTP keeps going and will not complete. This also happens when I try to get a file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loganban
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Transfer files from windows to solaris with winscp (file protocol:SFTP)

Hello, I have a couple of zip files to be copied from my local drive to a folder in solaris10 residing in a VM ware. i am using WINSCP, I tried to get hold of the solaris hostname or ip using ifconfig -a , hostname|nslookup etc. when i create a new session in WINSCP using that IP and port... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp from UNIX to mainframe

Hi, I have many scripts where i have used sftp for file transfer from unix box to unix box.. Now that we have to sftp files from unix to mainframe, i would like to know if that is possible. I just tried in the same way i did from unix to unix, but i got the error as connection refused. Are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer using SFTP

Hi, I want to a transfer file from remote machine to a local machine using SFTP where both my local and remote machines are Ubuntu machines.So i wanted to write a unix bash script which uses SFTP command to transfer the file from remote to local machine. My remote server is 178.28.30.106. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
14 Replies
FLOCK(1)							  H. Peter Anvin							  FLOCK(1)

NAME
flock - Manage locks from shell scripts SYNOPSIS
flock [-sxon] [-w timeout] lockfile [-c] command... flock [-sxon] [-w timeout] lockdir [-c] command... flock [-sxun] [-w timeout] fd DESCRIPTION
This utility manages flock(2) locks from within shell scripts or the command line. The first and second forms wraps the lock around the executing a command, in a manner similar to su(1) or newgrp(1). It locks a specified file or directory, which is created (assuming appropriate permissions), if it does not already exist. The third form is convenient inside shell scripts, and is usually used the following manner: ( flock -s 200 # ... commands executed under lock ... ) 200>/var/lock/mylockfile The mode used to open the file doesn't matter to flock; using > or >> allows the lockfile to be created if it does not already exist, how- ever, write permission is required; using < requires that the file already exists but only read permission is required. By default, if the lock cannot be immediately acquired, flock waits until the lock is available. OPTIONS
-s, --shared Obtain a shared lock, sometimes called a read lock. -x, -e, --exclusive Obtain an exclusive lock, sometimes called a write lock. This is the default. -u, --unlock Drop a lock. This is usually not required, since a lock is automatically dropped when the file is closed. However, it may be required in special cases, for example if the enclosed command group may have forked a background process which should not be hold- ing the lock. -n, --nb, --nonblock Fail (with an exit code of 1) rather than wait if the lock cannot be immediately acquired. -w, --wait, --timeout seconds Fail (with an exit code of 1) if the lock cannot be acquired within seconds seconds. Decimal fractional values are allowed. -o, --close Close the file descriptor on which the lock is held before executing command. This is useful if command spawns a child process which should not be hold ing the lock. -c, --command command Pass a single command to the shell with -c. -h, --help Print a help message. AUTHOR
Written by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2006 H. Peter Anvin. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
flock(2) AVAILABILITY
The flock command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. flock utility 4 Feb 2006 FLOCK(1)