Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DNS Cache-Only Config Advice
Special Forums IP Networking DNS Cache-Only Config Advice Post 302372264 by otheus on Tuesday 17th of November 2009 01:15:06 PM
Old 11-17-2009
Since no one has given a shot at your question, I will sidestep the question and answer with: get DJB's dnscache program. It's part of his larger DNS server toolset; we use another DNS product completely for external DNS handling, and dnscache for forwarding internal requests. This is more secure, faster, and simpler to configure. You would have BIND "listen" on the external IP, and dnscache listen on the internal IP; this way they can co-exist on the same router.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DHCP DNS Config

I'm running Solaris 9 and I need my box to request it's DNS servers off a DHCP server - can I do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jdogg
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Linux Redhat ES 4.0 - DNS Config Issues

Hello all, I've a very strange thing hapenning in my Sys, I've configured the IP, DNS eveything for my internat connection, but Im only able to browse Redhat.com websites. I cant open anyother site!!! :eek: Im sure the internet is configured 'coz it displays the list of avail updates for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijithS
11 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Dns cache poisoning upgrade to bind9.5.0p2

Hi again guys, It seems this is a global thing affecting all the DNS bind versions prior to July 28 2008. I have my work cut out for me very soon, I see at least a handful of servers in my list that either need to patching or upgrading. How many of you guys are affected? Anybody successfully... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Path of the DNS Cache file

We have a DNS server that is only using as a cache DNS of parent server. I wonder where it the cache file that it created from parent DNS? Please tell me where will be the cache file? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashkrishn
0 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS Cache Problem-Urgent !!!!!!

I have DNS Server running in solaris 10 . There is website called exaple.com ,whcih was hosted in this dns server with IP 1.2.3.4 ,now we deleted the DNS entry of that website from our DNS Server (db.exmaple.com is deleted from named.conf ) and it is hosted with some other name server with IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to add intranet sites to DNS cache?

Hi all, I'm hosting a site for my team in my LAN, for which my team mates should type my hosting server IP address in the web browser, example: http://192.168.134.213:78/testteam/ This is really hectic to type the ip address always, is there anyway where i can create a site name mapping to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
7 Replies

7. IP Networking

DNS config preventing mail delivery

Hi Please can you help on this: the Net Admins decided to use DNS to resolve names, so this is preventing mail being delivered when using commands like date | mailx -s "test" abc.xyz@asdf.xx.yy. What we were asked was to edit /etc/resolv.confand add 3 entries, in all servers (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies
DNS-FLOOD-DETECTOR(8)					     dns flood detection tool					     DNS-FLOOD-DETECTOR(8)

NAME
DNS-FLOOD-DETECTOR - dns flood detection and alert tool SYNOPSIS
dns-flood-detector [-b|-d] [-v] [-h] [-i device] [-t n] [-a n] [-w n] [-x n] [-m n] DESCRIPTION
DNS Flood Detector was developed to detect abusive usage levels on high traffic nameservers and to enable quick response to the use of one's nameserver to facilitate spam. OPTIONS
-b run in foreground in bindsnap mode -d run in background in daemon mode -v verbose output - use again for more verbosity -h display help -i device specify device name to listen on -t n alarm at >n queries per second -a n reset alarm after n seconds -w n calculate stats every n seconds -x n create n buckets -m n report overall stats every n seconds SEE ALSO
Website <http://www.adotout.com/> AUTHOR
DNS-FLOOD-DETECTOR was written by Dennis Opacki <dopacki@adotout.com>. This manual page was written by Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 1.10 2006-11-03 DNS-FLOOD-DETECTOR(8)