Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Permission denied while executing rsh Post 302372115 by akash_mahakode on Tuesday 17th of November 2009 05:50:44 AM
Old 11-17-2009
Hi Tytalus,

When I tried on server1
Code:
rsh server2

then it asked for password, after providing the password for server2, server2 prompt got opened.

I also tried provding the IP of server2 but it didnt work.
What should I do? Smilie

Regards,
akash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh and permission denied

Dear All I am using rsh command to work with a remote tape drive. I am getting the message 'permission denied'. What should I do to get rid of this message. Best Regards Reza (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why ' Permission denied' when executing a command?

Hi All, When I execute a command on Unix and it says 'Permission denied'. What could be the reason and how can it be resolved? Many thanks, David (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: david_wang
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh permission denied

Hi Gurus, Trying to search in the forum but cant seem to find anything related. I'm trying to run this script DWH_Housekeep.sh from the another server This is my command: rsh -l hulft 140.32.12.161 /usr/TRS/script/DWH_Housekeep.sh permission denied I get permission denied. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

rsh denied on some boxes but not others

Hi. As root, I'm running rsh as root from a Solaris 9 machine to some RHEL 4 servers (supposedly all configured identically) but two of about 10 respond with permission denied. There is no firewall device between the Solaris 9 client and the RHEL servers. I'm doing something like this from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: th1amigo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing expect script giving message as bad interpreter: Permission denied

Hi Gurus, I am new to scripting and needs your help in expect script used for telnet. I wrote a simple script as #!/usr/bin/expect-5.43 -f spawn telnet localhost 2233 expect "password:" send "secret\r" send "i data.cnbc.com\r" send "exit\r" expect eof When I am trying to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niks_yv
2 Replies

8. AIX

RSH intermittent error rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.

I am getting an error from one node in a set with RSH setup between them, node one will connect to node two every other time (consistently), however node to connects to node one every time without problem. Here is what I am seeing, makes no sense to me. Can anyone help? sbhcprdb01<root>: rsh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
6 Replies

9. Linux

rsh permission denied

hi I have configured rsh-server and running rsh command on my fedora 14 machine while executing it shows permission denied, below is the output of the same. # rsh localhost date Permission denied. # but same works in other system # rsh localhost date Fri Nov 23 05:31:12 PST... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing bash file with sudo for the second time, leads to permission denied, for some commands

I have a script that checks if the script has been ran with sudo. If the script is not ran as sudo, the current script is being executed with exec sudo bash. You are asked for a password, you type in the password, success. Everything is perfect - the commands inside the script are ran as sudo.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boqsc
1 Replies
GENTEST(1)							  [FIXME: manual]							GENTEST(1)

NAME
gentest - Run random generic SMB operations against two SMB servers and show the differences in behavior SYNOPSIS
gentest {//server1/share1} {//server2/share2} {-U user%pass} {-U user%pass} [-s seed] [-o numops] [-a] [-A] [-i FILE] [-O] [-S FILE] [-L] [-F] [-C] [-X] DESCRIPTION
gentest is a utility for detecting differences in behaviour between SMB servers. It will run a random set of generic operations against //server1/share1 and then the same random set against //server2/share2 and display the differences in the responses it gets. This utility is used by the Samba team to find differences in behaviour between Samba and Windows servers. OPTIONS
-U user%pass Specify the user and password to use when logging on on the shares. This parameter is mandatory and has to be specified twice. -s seed Seed the random number generator with the specified value. -o numops Set the number of operations to perform. -a Print the operations that are performed. -A Backtrack to find minimal number of operations required to make the response to a certain call differ. -i FILE Specify a file containing the names of fields that have to be ignored (such as time fields). See below for a description of the file format. -O Enable oplocks. -S FILE Set preset seeds file. The default is gentest_seeds.dat. -L Use preset seeds -F Fast reconnect (just close files) -C Continuous analysis mode -X Analyse even when the test succeeded. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
Samba AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. gentest was written by Andrew Tridgell. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ [FIXME: source] 04/16/2014 GENTEST(1)