Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nice YouTube Videos
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Nice YouTube Videos Post 302371983 by sarasudu on Monday 16th of November 2009 09:30:39 PM
Old 11-16-2009
Thanks 4 nice vids

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

nice command and nice() system call

Hi I want to implement the nice command in the shell that I am building. I came to know that there is a corresponding nice() system call for the same. But since I will be forking different processes to run different commands typed on the command prompt, is there any way I can make a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejbuch
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

training videos

Dear Experts, I just want any web site from where i can download free or i can buy a full trainning video of unix shell programming. Can any body tell me the good video CBT for unic shell scripting. Regards, SHARY (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shary
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

videos

hiya guys :p RUmdWdEgHgk Zz-DJr1Qs54 6Ejga4kJUts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Need the Linux Kongress Videos

Is there any way to view the Linux Kongress videos ? Are there any recordings of it or any blog posts of what is described ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
0 Replies
nice(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   nice(3)

Name
       nice - set program priority

Syntax
       int nice(incr)
       int incr;

Description
       The scheduling priority of the process is augmented by incr.  Positive priorities get less service than normal.	Priority 10 is recommended
       to users who wish to execute long-running programs without flack from the administration.

Negative increments are ignored except on behalf of the super-user.  The priority is limited to the range -20 (most urgent) to 20 (least).

The priority of a process is passed to a child process by For a privileged process to return to normal  priority  from  an  unknown  state,
       should  be  called successively with arguments -40 (goes to priority -20 because of truncation), 20 (to get to 0), then 0 (to maintain com-
       patibility with previous versions of this call).

Environment
       In any mode, nice returns -1 and sets on an error.  On success, the return value depends on the mode in which your  program  was  compiled.
       In  POSIX  or  System V mode, it is the new priority; otherwise, it is zero.  Note that, in POSIX and System V mode, -1 can indicate either
       success or failure; must be used to determine which.

See Also
       nice(1), fork(2), setpriority(2), renice(8)

nice(3)