Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CentOS on Super Computers
Operating Systems Linux CentOS on Super Computers Post 302371887 by Scott on Monday 16th of November 2009 02:00:16 PM
Old 11-16-2009
Interesting.

I am a CentOs fan (mainly because it's the same as Red... err a Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor. And it's free. Well, mainly that, actually.)

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

BAD SUPER BLOCK - Run fsck with alternate super block number

Error received when I tried to restore a blank disk with an 'auto recovery' DDS tape via HP-UX recovery system 2.0 onto a 1Gb SCSI. I assumed it would do the setup, wrong. Could someone tell me the procedure to initial disk for recovering files using cpio. The system is a HP-UX 9.04 version on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin wanabee
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Rcp between 2 computers

Hi, I need to rcp heavy files between 2 solaris 10/sparc M3000 computers. Currently theses 2 computers are linked via a switch/firewall and the rcp commands take a very long time, I have been told that this is because of the firewall (old one). I asked my client to by a cross ethernet cable and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies
SGI2FAX(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   SGI2FAX(1)

NAME
sgi2fax - convert a Silicon Graphics image file for facsimile transmission SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/fax/sgi2fax [ options ] files... DESCRIPTION
sgi2fax converts Silicon Graphics format images to bilevel TIFF Class F images in preparation for transmission as facsimile. sgi2fax is not normally invoked directly; it is usually run by sendfax(1) when an SGI image file is submitted for transmission. Images are converted by scaling them to fill the guaranteed reproducible area on a default page. Each RGB pixel p is converted to greyscale according to: pr * %r + pg * %g + pb * %b where %r, %g, and %b default to 30, 59, and 11, respectively. Greyscale images are then process with a high pass filter and dithered to a bilevel image. The resultant image are written as a TIFF Class F document. By default, the output image is created with 204 dots/inch horizontal resolution and 98 lines/inch vertical resolution. The image is writ- ten as Group 3 1D-encoded data. OPTIONS
-1 (-2) Write the image as Group 3 1D- (2D-) encoded data. -b %b Set the %b parameter used to convert color pixel values to greyscale pixel values. -g %g Set the %g parameter used to convert color pixel values to greyscale pixel values. -l Generate an image at 98 lines/inch vertical resolution. know as low resolution. -m Generate an image at 196 lines/inch vertical resolution. -o file Write output to file instead of the default file named sgi.fax. -r %r Set the %r parameter used to convert color pixel values to greyscale pixel values. -s size Set the output size according to the named page size. Images are normally created with a system-default page size (usually letter- size pages, 8.5" by 11", for sites in North America). Alternate page sizes are specified symbolically using either the name or abbreviation of an entry in the pagesizes(5F) database; e.g. a3 (ISO A3), a4 (ISO A4), a5 (ISO A5), a6 (ISO A6), b4 (ISO B4), na- let (North American Letter), us-leg (American Legal), us-led (American Ledger), us-exe (American Executive), jp-let (Japanese Let- ter), and jp-leg (Japanese Legal). Comparisons are case-insensitive and any match of a substring of the full page-size name is suf- ficient; e.g. ``legal'' would match ``American Legal''. FILES
/usr/lib/fax/pagesizes page size database SEE ALSO
hylafax-client(1), sendfax(1), hylafax-server(5F) June 14, 1994 SGI2FAX(1)