Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10 Post 302371854 by tv.praveenkumar on Monday 16th of November 2009 11:45:34 AM
Old 11-16-2009
what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Version on Solaris Server

Hi, I am a new user to Solaris Server and also to Unix. Please let me know the difference between Solaris OS and Unix, what is the relation. I am not sure what exactly i am working on Solris or Unix. Secondly can anyone let me know how can i check the version and the patches installed on my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris version formating

Please tell me what are the meanings of the different parts in solaris version number: for example: Solaris 10 8/07 Solaris 10 11/06 Solaris 10 6/06 Solaris 10 1/06 What is meaning of different parts. what is difference b/w above versions. Please also tell me where I can found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to know Solaris version

Hi, Can anybody give me the command to know what is the solaris version which is running on a server? Thanks Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris version

Hi all, a stupid question about a command to check the Solaris Version, I'm working on Solaris 10 and I need to check that the Version is " 10 " with a UNIX command. I just used " uname -a " command but I had this result: SunOS dev510 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris ASR - Update JAVA version

Hi, all I wish to implement ASR for a SUN server in my production. currently the version of JAVA for this SUN server is root@procyon # java -version java version "1.5.0_12" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_12-b04) Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_12-b04,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Java version

I have an issue here setting up ASR with a server. In order to have the SASM service runnning/enabled, the required java version is 1.6 U18(latest). My OS came with JDK 1.5 I downloaded and installed 1.6 But when I did java -version , its still showing 1.5 I captured the below from another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version

Would like to confirm the ff. I got confused actually with the version I needed to download that will work on glassfish 3.0.1 a. Debian Squeeze (HP DL360). Need to use java version6 On Debian, I did apt-get install sun-java6-jdk. So when I check it's java version "1.6.0_22" Java(TM) SE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Upgrade java version on solaris 10 SPARC

Hi Friends, I am trying to upgrade my java version on solaris sparc machine. I have installed the o/s software from scratch and it came with some default java version. I want to install the newer version of java available on top of this machine. I have already installed the latest version in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris version issue

Hi Friends, I am new in solaris. yesterday i installed solaris in VM. now while installing weblogic setup(.bin) its giving me Invalid argument error. after some google i have two points in my mind 1) i am using solaris on intel machine. thats why i am facing this issue. If answer is yes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal Baghla
3 Replies

10. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)