Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What is the best way to copy data from place to another place? Post 302371811 by solaris_user on Monday 16th of November 2009 08:36:15 AM
Old 11-16-2009
From my exsperience firsrt compress all data in tar.bz and then transfer to another disk over network of course over SSH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

When does LK actually take place?

I appologize in advance, my question would be easly for me to research if I actually had a Solaris server that I had access to. And I am googled out. I am auditing a solaris 9.0 server's passwords (I was sent the passwd and shadow files) and need to know when the *LK*actually happens. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lerdahl
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the value of a line, that changes place

Hi I am trying to get the value of several results in a file called seq032.diag. The values I am looking for is down under Smooth Tracking nodes and is for g01r01 g02r01 s01t02 etc etc. The problem is that when I try to use look for text and tail etc, it works fine in one result file. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navigatorchief
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data and place them in different folders

Hello Unix gurus, I am new to Unix. I am working on some dummy project which involves unix scripting. I have a query : There is a file Number.dat which is of form say AAA|123|4563|animal AAA|1234|45634|animal2 BBB|123444|456312|bird BBB|123445|456313|bird2 Here AAA,BBB are... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinaykumar1
29 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I place a for statement....

In a script? I have some folders that contain many files of 8MB or more in size. Every day run "for file in F*; do gzip $file; done" How can I put this in a script to run automatically? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy dir/file from one place to another.

Hello all. I'm not getting the hang of Paths. I have a dir w/files that I want to copy to another dir. Right now I am in the "source" directory. I want to copy it to Ch7. "cp -r source Ch7". Ch7 was already created. 1st msg.: cannot stat `source`: No such file or dir. I typed pwd & got... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with re-organize data by adding "-" in empty place

Input file data_1 data_2 A B C data_1 data_2 B D data_1 data_2 A C data_1 data_2 A data_1 data_2 B C data_1 data_2 C data_1 data_2 A B data_1 data_2 data_1 data_2 C B A . . Output file data_1 data_2 A B C data_1 data_2 - B D data_1 data_2 A - C (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using gsed with cp to sort files in directory - every N file copy to new place

Hi all, I'm having a problem with some basic piping issues... I have been able to get in a directory and ls | gsed in order to list every N file for instance: ls | gsed -n '2~5p' The thing is I want to be able to copy the output files to a new directory. Basically directory /all has a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgoss
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a field into n line in another place

I have a file contains 100 section (here i show 2 section of that); i want to replace date from 1st & 2nd field of 1st line of each section (1st line of each section is header and the other lines are body) and merg them into one field, then copy it on 7th field of the lines in each section... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: oreka18
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge variable data from another file into specific place?

Hello, I'm trying to create multiple commands using a variable input from another file but am not getting any successful results. Basically, file1.txt contains multiple lines with single words: <file1.txt> yellow blue black white I want to create multiple echo commands with these... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying text file records, find data in one place in the record and print it elsewhere

Hello, I have some text data that is in the form of multi-line records. Each record ends with the string $$$$ and the next record starts on the next line. RDKit 2D 15 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0999 V2000 5.4596 2.1267 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
refile(1)						      General Commands Manual							 refile(1)

NAME
refile - file message in other folders (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
refile [msgs] [+folder] [options] OPTIONS
Refiles the draft message, or the current message in your +drafts folder, if you have one set up. You cannot give a msgs argument when you use this option. Moves a file into a folder. This option takes a file from its directory and places it in the named folder, as the next message in the folder. The file must be formatted as a legal mail message. This means that the message must have the minimum header fields separated from the body of the message by a blank line or a line of dashes. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Keeps a copy of the message in the source folder. Normally, refile removes the messages from the original folder when it refiles them. The -link option keeps a copy in the original folder, as well as filing a copy in the new folder. Preserves the number of a message in the new folder. Normally, when a message is refiled in to another folder, it is set to the next available number in that folder. The -preserve option keeps the number of the message the same in the new folder as it had been in the old. You cannot have two messages with the same number in one folder, so you should use this option with care. Specifies the source folder to take messages from. Normally, messages are refiled from the current folder into another folder. However, you can take mes- sages from a different folder by using the -src +folder option to specify the alternative source folder. DESCRIPTION
Use the refile command to move the specified message from the current folder to another folder. You can refile messages in more than one folder by giving multiple folder names as arguments. If you do not specify a message, the current message is refiled. You can refile a message other than the current message by giving its num- ber as a msgs argument. You can also refile more than one message at a time by specifying more than one message number, or a range of mes- sage numbers, or a message sequence. See mark(1) for more information on sequences. The current folder remains the same unless the -src option is specified; in that case, the source folder becomes current. Normally, the last message specified becomes the current message. However, if the -link option is used, the current message is not changed. If the Previous-Sequence: entry is set in the file, in addition to defining the named sequences from the source folder, refile will also define those sequences for the destination folders. See mh_profile(4) for information concerning the previous sequence. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory Folder-Protect: To set protections when creating a new folder rmmproc: Program to delete the message EXAMPLES
The following example refiles messages 3 and 5 in the folder +records: % refile 3 5 +records The next example files the current message into two folders: % refile +jones +map The next example takes message 13 in the current folder and refiles it in the +test folder. The mes- sage remains in the current folder as well as appearing in the +test folder. % refile -link 13 +test The next example takes a message from the folder +test when it is not the current folder, and places it in the folder +outbox: % refile 3 -src +test +outbox FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
folder(1), mark(1), mh_profile(4) refile(1)