Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conversion of date to Julian date Post 302371809 by Tytalus on Monday 16th of November 2009 08:28:38 AM
Old 11-16-2009
check out the FAQ article on this site....

https://www.unix.com/answers-frequent...rithmetic.html

you should find what you're after in there - this type of question comes up regulalrly enoiugh that searching the forums (or checking the above article) should be enough...

If you're still having problems, post your code/attempts and we'll see what we can do ;-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian Date

I have a shell script which gets passed a parameter which is a combination of Year and Julian Date <YYYYj>. So April 11th, julian date is 101. So if I wanted April 11th for 2003 I would get the following value 2003101. How would I convert that in unix to be 20030411? I am using the korn shell. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find julian date for given corresponding date

Hi, is there any possibility to find julian date for given corresping date. I will be gladfull if i get it. Requirement : Input : 10 09 2006 output: julian date: 283 thanks srikanth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Julian date to calender date

Hi, I have script in unix which creates a julian date like 126 or 127 I want convert this julian date into calender date ex : input 127 output 07/may/2007 or 07/05/2007 or 07/05/07 rgds srikanth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help using find and date (julian)

I'm trying to put together a little script that will move some files to a directory, uncompress the file then delete the file when processing is complete. The files are all named using julian date 2009072.Z 2009071.Z 2009070.Z 2009069.Z 2009068.Z 2009067.Z 2009066.Z 2009065.Z... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1buckeye_fan
8 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Get Julian date from date string

Hi, im new for UNIX. i have a problem in date function. please help me to find a solution. batchdate="29/10/2010" nextdate="01/11/2010" i want compare this two date. if my batch date greater than nextdate should prompt error message. how can i do that? as i know its better and safer if i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananth4mu
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to approach Julian date?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This function is given the day, month and year and returns the Julian date. The Julian date is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian date to Calendar date conversion

Hi all, I require to convert julian date to normal calander date in unix for eg julian date=122 now i want corresponding calander date ---------------------------------------- gr8 if give very small command/script and please explain the steps as well(imp) Thanks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Julian date conversion

All, I am facing an issue with julian date conversion.. current command: echo `date +%Y%j` `cat -n /home/user/FILENAME.dat |awk '{printf "%08s", $2}'` The above command is working good. But in the above bolded part, it is converting system date to julian date. However I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition to Julian date

Need assistance . Below code gets me julian date . I wanted to add hour/24 to julian date and output it. Is there a way to do the calculation? use Time::Local; use POSIX qw(strftime); my $time=timelocal(1,2,3,9,11,2013); printf strftime "%j", localtime($time); 343 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Julian date of a given date

How to get Julian date (Three digit) of a given date (Not current date)? I do not have root privilege - so can not use date -d. Assume that we have three variables year, month and date. Thx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
5 Replies
NNPOST(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NNPOST(1)

NAME
nnpost - post news articles (nn) SYNOPSIS
nnpost [ -dksy string ] [ -f file ] [ -p ] [ group... ] DESCRIPTION
nnpost is used to post new articles using nn's normal interface, but without entering nn in reading mode. When started, it reads the init file and then directly executes nn's :post command. It will prompt for a (comma-separated) list of news groups, the article subject, a list of keywords, a summary, and the distribution of the article. Each of these prompts can also be supplied via command line options or arguments as described below. When prompted for the "Newsgroup:", entering a ? as the first key will cause nnpost to list all the known news groups and their purpose (if this information is available). You can also enter / followed by a word or regular expression which will cause nnpost to produce a (much) shorter listing only containing the groups whose name and/or purpose description matches the regular expression. When paging through either list, you can enter q to quit the listing. If a source file is specified with -f it will be used as the initial article body. If the -p option is also specified, the article is posted directly without editing. nnpost can be used to do unattended postings if sufficient arguments are provided on the command line to build the header and the body of the article. The required arguments are: one or more newsgroups, a subject (-s), a source file (-f), a distribution (-d), and the -p option. Other fields which are not specified (e.g. keywords) will not be included in the header. The contents of the news-header variable in the init file will be included in the header. OPTIONS
-d distribution Use the specified distribution for the article. -k "keywords" Associate the specified keywords with the article. -s "subject" Use the specified subject for the new article. -y "summary" Include the given summary in the article header. -f file Read the article body from the specified file. -p Post the article specified with -f without editing. FILES
~/.nn/init The control variables for nnpost. SEE ALSO
nn(1) AUTHOR
Kim F. Storm, Texas Instruments A/S, Denmark E-mail: storm@texas.dk 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 6.6 NNPOST(1)