Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to find a string, check the next line, and if it matches certain criteria, replace it with a s Post 302371784 by ghostdog74 on Monday 16th of November 2009 07:49:59 AM
Old 11-16-2009
show your code, and your input csv files.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Entire line if any part matches regexp

Hey guys, I have a file that I've slowly been awking, seding, and greping for data entry. I am down to pull the addresses out to insert them into an excel file. Each address is a few lines, but i want to put a semicolon delimiter in between each address so I can export the text file into excel and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cocoabean
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a line using a condition and replace a string in that line

Hello, I have a 100 line code. I have given a sample of it below: ABC*654654*1*54.54*21.2*87*1*654654654654 CCC*FS*FS*SFD*DSF GGG*FGH*CGB*FBDFG*FGDG ABC*654654*1*57.84*45.4*88*2*6546546545 CCC*WSF*SG*FGH*GHJ ADA*AF*SFG*DFGH*FGH*FGTH I need to select the line starting with "ABC" its... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
6 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Find a line using a condition and replace a string in that line

Hello, I have a 100 line code. I have given a sample of it below: ABC*654654*1*54.54*21.2*87*1*654654654654 CCC*FS*FS*SFD*DSF GGG*FGH*CGB*FBDFG*FGDG ABC*654654*1*57.84*45.4*88*2*6546546545 CCC*WSF*SG*FGH*GHJ ADA*AF*SFG*DFGH*FGH*FGTH I need to select the line starting with "ABC" its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace string matching criteria

Dear Friends, I am looking for a way to replace a string (multiple lines) starting with something and ending with something (these two values do not change) with blank. Basically I want to delete this code injection accross many sites and folders. Search Code (across files and folders) that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libras
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Linux command for find/replace column based on specific criteria.

I'm new to shell programming, I have a huge text file in the following format, where columns are separated by single space: ACA MEX 4O_ $98.00 $127.40 $166.60 0:00 0:00 0 ; ACA YUL TS_ $300.00 $390.00 $510.00 0:00 0:00 0 ; ACA YYZ TS_ $300.00 $390.00 $510.00 0:00 0:00 0 ; ADZ YUL TS_ $300.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: transat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a text and if condition matches then replace it

Need a script that can find text in a file and replace it accordingly. This is the file I have: while IFS=',' read -r f1 f2 f3 do { nohup /home/testuser/dbmaintenance/sys_offline_maintenance.sh $f1 $f2 $f3 > $f2.out & } done < "/home/testuser/dbmaintenance/week1offlineserver.txt" In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhhe
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace all string matches in file with unique random number

Hello Take this file... Test01 Ref test Version 01 Test02 Ref test Version 02 Test66 Ref test Version 66 Test99 Ref test Version 99 I want to substitute every occurrence of Test{2} with a unique random number, so for example, if I was using sed, substitution would be something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: funkman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace matches string in each line with the arrayvalue in shell

I have a list of value , and need to replace that in my file. Eg: File1 tcname:fail tcname: Pass tcname:skipped File2: 01,02,03 Output: File 1 01:fail 02: Pass 03:Skipped (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevAakash
8 Replies
csv2po(1)						      Translate Toolkit 1.9.0							 csv2po(1)

NAME
csv2po - convert Comma-Separated Value (.csv) files to Gettext PO localization files SYNOPSIS
csv2po [--version] [-h|--help] [--manpage] [--progress PROGRESS] [--errorlevel ERRORLEVEL] [-i|--input] INPUT [-x|--exclude EXCLUDE] [-o|--output] OUTPUT [-t|--template TEMPLATE] [--charset CHARSET] [--columnorder] [--duplicates DUPLICATESTYLE] DESCRIPTION
See: http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/csv2po for examples and usage instructions OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h/--help show this help message and exit --manpage output a manpage based on the help --progress show progress as: dots, none, bar, names, verbose --errorlevel show errorlevel as: none, message, exception, traceback -i/--input read from INPUT in csv format -x/--exclude exclude names matching EXCLUDE from input paths -o/--output write to OUTPUT in po, pot formats -t/--template read from TEMPLATE in pot, po, pot formats --charset set charset to decode from csv files --columnorder specify the order and position of columns (location,source,target) --duplicates what to do with duplicate strings (identical source text): merge, msgctxt (default: 'msgctxt') Translate Toolkit 1.9.0 csv2po(1)