Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What is the best way to copy data from place to another place? Post 302371764 by jlliagre on Monday 16th of November 2009 06:54:53 AM
Old 11-16-2009
It won't go faster than what the lower bandwidth component in the chain is allowing.

You need first to identify what is limiting it to 300GB/2days, i.e. 1.7 MB/s (~14 Mbps).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

When does LK actually take place?

I appologize in advance, my question would be easly for me to research if I actually had a Solaris server that I had access to. And I am googled out. I am auditing a solaris 9.0 server's passwords (I was sent the passwd and shadow files) and need to know when the *LK*actually happens. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lerdahl
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the value of a line, that changes place

Hi I am trying to get the value of several results in a file called seq032.diag. The values I am looking for is down under Smooth Tracking nodes and is for g01r01 g02r01 s01t02 etc etc. The problem is that when I try to use look for text and tail etc, it works fine in one result file. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navigatorchief
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data and place them in different folders

Hello Unix gurus, I am new to Unix. I am working on some dummy project which involves unix scripting. I have a query : There is a file Number.dat which is of form say AAA|123|4563|animal AAA|1234|45634|animal2 BBB|123444|456312|bird BBB|123445|456313|bird2 Here AAA,BBB are... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinaykumar1
29 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I place a for statement....

In a script? I have some folders that contain many files of 8MB or more in size. Every day run "for file in F*; do gzip $file; done" How can I put this in a script to run automatically? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy dir/file from one place to another.

Hello all. I'm not getting the hang of Paths. I have a dir w/files that I want to copy to another dir. Right now I am in the "source" directory. I want to copy it to Ch7. "cp -r source Ch7". Ch7 was already created. 1st msg.: cannot stat `source`: No such file or dir. I typed pwd & got... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with re-organize data by adding "-" in empty place

Input file data_1 data_2 A B C data_1 data_2 B D data_1 data_2 A C data_1 data_2 A data_1 data_2 B C data_1 data_2 C data_1 data_2 A B data_1 data_2 data_1 data_2 C B A . . Output file data_1 data_2 A B C data_1 data_2 - B D data_1 data_2 A - C (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using gsed with cp to sort files in directory - every N file copy to new place

Hi all, I'm having a problem with some basic piping issues... I have been able to get in a directory and ls | gsed in order to list every N file for instance: ls | gsed -n '2~5p' The thing is I want to be able to copy the output files to a new directory. Basically directory /all has a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgoss
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a field into n line in another place

I have a file contains 100 section (here i show 2 section of that); i want to replace date from 1st & 2nd field of 1st line of each section (1st line of each section is header and the other lines are body) and merg them into one field, then copy it on 7th field of the lines in each section... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: oreka18
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge variable data from another file into specific place?

Hello, I'm trying to create multiple commands using a variable input from another file but am not getting any successful results. Basically, file1.txt contains multiple lines with single words: <file1.txt> yellow blue black white I want to create multiple echo commands with these... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying text file records, find data in one place in the record and print it elsewhere

Hello, I have some text data that is in the form of multi-line records. Each record ends with the string $$$$ and the next record starts on the next line. RDKit 2D 15 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0999 V2000 5.4596 2.1267 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
clascl.f(3)							      LAPACK							       clascl.f(3)

NAME
clascl.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine clascl (TYPE, KL, KU, CFROM, CTO, M, N, A, LDA, INFO) CLASCL Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine clascl (characterTYPE, integerKL, integerKU, realCFROM, realCTO, integerM, integerN, complex, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, integerINFO) CLASCL Purpose: CLASCL multiplies the M by N complex matrix A by the real scalar CTO/CFROM. This is done without over/underflow as long as the final result CTO*A(I,J)/CFROM does not over/underflow. TYPE specifies that A may be full, upper triangular, lower triangular, upper Hessenberg, or banded. Parameters: TYPE TYPE is CHARACTER*1 TYPE indices the storage type of the input matrix. = 'G': A is a full matrix. = 'L': A is a lower triangular matrix. = 'U': A is an upper triangular matrix. = 'H': A is an upper Hessenberg matrix. = 'B': A is a symmetric band matrix with lower bandwidth KL and upper bandwidth KU and with the only the lower half stored. = 'Q': A is a symmetric band matrix with lower bandwidth KL and upper bandwidth KU and with the only the upper half stored. = 'Z': A is a band matrix with lower bandwidth KL and upper bandwidth KU. See CGBTRF for storage details. KL KL is INTEGER The lower bandwidth of A. Referenced only if TYPE = 'B', 'Q' or 'Z'. KU KU is INTEGER The upper bandwidth of A. Referenced only if TYPE = 'B', 'Q' or 'Z'. CFROM CFROM is REAL CTO CTO is REAL The matrix A is multiplied by CTO/CFROM. A(I,J) is computed without over/underflow if the final result CTO*A(I,J)/CFROM can be represented without over/underflow. CFROM must be nonzero. M M is INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. A A is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDA,N) The matrix to be multiplied by CTO/CFROM. See TYPE for the storage type. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). INFO INFO is INTEGER 0 - successful exit <0 - if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 140 of file clascl.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 clascl.f(3)