Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To Read a File and Insert a part of the lines into the database Post 302371629 by rdcwayx on Monday 16th of November 2009 12:35:25 AM
Old 11-16-2009
Code:
DATE=`date +%Y%m%d`

for i in `find /PATH -name "*$DATE*.log"`
do
  # what you want to do
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert data in database based on text file?

Hi....can you guys help me out in this script?? Below is a text file script....called Bukom.txt and it contains these: BUKOM 20060101 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 2.3 2.1 BUKOM 20060102 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.7 2.6 2.4 BUKOM 20060103 2.1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert data into MYSql database from a text file

Hi, Need to get help from you guys about this issue. I need to insert data into MySql database from a text file which is located in other server. The text file is something look like below: Date | SubscriberNo | Call Duration 20/7/07 | 123456788 | 20 20/7/07 | 123412344 | 30 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirleyeow
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert data into database by reading it from a text file??

Hi....can you guys help me out in this script?? Below is a text file and it contains these: GEF001 000093625 MKL002510 000001 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 000001 GEF001 000093625 MKL003604 000001 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 000001 GEF001 000093625 MKL005675 000001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallavishetty
4 Replies

4. Web Development

INSERT data to a Database Table from a text file

If you have a text file and if you want to Insert data to your Database Table, You can do it with these queries LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '/path/yourTextFile.txt' INTO TABLE yourTableName FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' ESCAPED BY '\\' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n' (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitex
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read database tablename from another file

i hava a file which contains database like emp dept loc now i want to create a script that read this file line by line and create a seperate query that ll be run in database like.. DELETE FROM TRS_ONE_ATDE WHERE DATA_DT = <from file> how can this be achieved. pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshguliao
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a text file line by line and insert into a database table?

I have a test file that I want to read and insert only certain lines into the the table based on a filter. 1. Rread the log file 12 Hours back Getdate() -12 Hours 2. Extract the following information on for lines that say "DUMP is complete" A. Date B. Database Name C.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log file to insert into database

I have a log file that's created daily by this command: sar -u 300 288 >> /var/log/usage/$(date "+%Y-%m-%d")_$(hostname)_cpu.log It that contains data like this: Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (myhostname) 08/15/2015 _x86_64_ (1 CPU) 11:34:17 PM CPU %user %nice ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unplugme71
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest log files and perform database insert

Hi Experts, I have a situation where I need to write a shell script to continuously monitor a log directory with multiple log files and perform following: 1. Read the latest log file continuously and grep "Success" OR "Failure" 2. As it capture either Success or Failure, it has to perform a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rish_max
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a loop to read the input from a file part by part?

Hi All, We've a VDI infrastructure in AWS (AWS workspaces) and we're planning to automate the process of provisioning workspaces. Instead of going to GUI console, and launching workspaces by selecting individual users is little time consuming. Thus, I want to create them in bunches from AWS CLI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
6 Replies
ACCOUNTING(1)                                                         SMPPPD                                                         ACCOUNTING(1)

NAME
accounting - calculates statistics about your internet connections DESCRIPTION
accounting is a simple program to calculate statistics about your internet dial-up connections that are started and stopped by either ifup and ifdown or by a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by accounting. If a long option shows an argument as mandatory, then it is mandatory for the equivalent short option also. -l, --last=NUM Only consider the last NUM connections. -a, --after=DATE Only consider connections started after DATE. DATE is a date with optional time in ISO 8601 format, e.g. `2002-12-24 20:15:00'. Note that a date without time is treated as if the time is 00:00:00. Hence connections started on the specified date are consid- ered. -b, --before=DATE Only consider connections started before DATE. -u, --user=USER Only consider connections started by user USER. --this-year Only consider connections started this year. --last-year Only consider connections started last year. --this-month Only consider connections started this month. --last-month Only consider connections started last month. --this-week Only consider connections started this week. --last-week Only consider connections started last week. --today Only consider connections started today. --yesterday Only consider connections started yesterday. --per-year Show summaries on a per year basis. --per-month Show summaries on a per month basis. --per-week Show summaries on a per week basis. --per-day Show summaries on a per day basis. -c, --connections Only list the connections but do not show provider statistics. -p, --providers Do not list the connections only show the provider statistics. --connection-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the connection list. The names must be separated by a comma. Known column names are time, type, provider, user, status, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, averx, avetx and averxtx. Each name may be appended by a colon and a number indicating the width for the column, e.g. provider:25. The value will not be truncated if the width is too small. --provider-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the provider list equivalent to the --connection-format option. Known column names are provider, number, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, aveduration, averx, avetx and averxtx. --local Display all dates in local time. Also interpret dates on the command line in local time. This is the default. --utc Display all dates in UTC. Also interpret dates on the command line in UTC. --script[=STYLE] Format output for script. Known styles are c and sh. -f, --file=NAME Use a different file with accounting information. --report-errors Report erros in the accounting file. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. NOTES
All informations are only obtained through the accounting log. Hence the informations, esp. the data volume, of currently active connec- tions is not accurate. If you want the know the status of a connection, use ifstatus or a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet instead. The user field is empty for connections started by a remote frontend of smpppd. BUGS
Not yet implemented for ISDN (ippp). FILES
/var/log/smpppd/accounting.log File containing accounting information. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE December 2002 ACCOUNTING(1)