Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Translating the same file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Translating the same file Post 302371589 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 15th of November 2009 08:07:59 PM
Old 11-15-2009
Code:
tr -d '\032' < oldfile > newfile 
mv newfile oldfile

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

translating device to filesystem in solaris10

Greetings, I have a oracle database server and i keep getting grid control message Metric=Disk Device Busy (%) Metric Value=98.66 Disk Device=ssd430 Severity=Critical Message=Disk Device ssd430 is 98.66% busy. so I am trying to correlate the ssd430 to the filesystem. I understand this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translating/Replacing characters in a file

Hi, i have a given file named hugo.dat. In this file there are several lines that contain characters like } and ~ Now, i need a script that replaces the character } to ü and character ~ to ß Can anyone help for a working ksh script? Kind Regards FranzB (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FranzB
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translating physical/virtual addresses

Hi all, I am new to Linux kernel/user space programming having been an assembly programmer in my previous life. I am now using 2.6.x kernel on an embedded CPU that has a few dedicated hardware blocks (including more CPU running just C-code, i.e., no operating system). There is a single DRAM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agaurav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help translating this to shell

Hello Im new here, I just got my first VPS and I really need help converting this .bat to shell script so i can run my program. @echo off @title DiamondMS v117 set CLASSPATH=.;dist\* java -client -Dnet.sf.odinms.wzpath=wz server.Start pause I have no idea what im doing to convert this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: valleric
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translating script to perl

awk/shell: UWARNING=90 UCRITICAL=97 PXNAME=$(echo $line | awk -F, '{print $1}') SVNAME=$(echo $line | awk -F, '{print $2}') FRUPERCENT=$(echo $line | awk -F, '{print ($5 / $7) * 100}') ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable way of translating epoch time

echo $(date +%s) | awk '{ print strftime("%c", $2"-"$3"-"$NF"/"$4); }' The above command only seems to work on newer versions of awk or systems with gawk installed. how can i translate the epoch time into a human readable format using a portable method? also, date -d@$epochtime does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
aha(1)                                                           Ansi HTML Adapter                                                          aha(1)

NAME
aha - Ansi HTML Adapter SYNOPSIS
aha [options] [-f datei] DESCRIPTION
aha takes SGR-colored Input and prints W3C conform HTML-Code. aha reads the Input from a file or stdin and writes HTML-Code to stdout. OPTIONS
--help , -h , -? A help like this --black , -b Black Background and white "standard color" --pink , -p Pink Background --iso X , -i X Uses ISO 8859-X instead of utf-8. X must be 1..16 --title X , -t X Gives the html output the title --line-fix , -l Uses a fix for inputs using control sequences to change the cursor position like htop. It's a hot fix, it may not work with any pro- gram like htop. (See EXAMPLE) EXAMPLE
aha --help | aha --black --title "the awesome aha help"> aha-help.htm Creates an HTML file with the help of aha with black background colordiff oldfile.c newfile.c | aha > colordiff.htm Creates an HTML file with a colorful diff-output of two files "oldfile.c" and "newfile.c" with white background ls --color=always | aha --pink > ls.htm Creates an HTML file with a colorful ls-output with pink background. echo a | htop | aha --black --line-fix > htop.htm Creates an HTML file with the output of htop. You have to use --line-fix due the other new-line-commands htop uses. AUTHOR
Copyleft Alexander Matthes aka Ziz 2011 zizsdl@googlemail.com SEE ALSO
http://ziz.delphigl.com/tool_aha.php August 31, 2011 aha(1)