Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script (using find and grep) Post 302371482 by limmer on Sunday 15th of November 2009 06:08:33 AM
Old 11-15-2009
OK, but I am trying to insert a concatenated string inside another string and evaluate it. I have been playing with this for hours but cannot get it right.

Any help please?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find, grep and email

running a suse linux 10. I'm trying to write a script that searches for a file with certain name and that has been modified less than 30 minutes ago, then search for a certain string in that file and email this string out. I have tried different combinations of find, grep and email but no luck... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out the day in Bash Shell script

Hello All, I need a bash shell script to find out a day from the date.For example we give the date(20100227/YYYYMMDD) then we get the day 'Saturday'. Thanks in advance, Satheesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheesh4093
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

indication of find activity - bash script

Hi All, I wanted to show on stdout that a file was found right after it happens due to indicate the activity of long search. Further more I want to store the result of the find in a file. I have tried this: echo -n "Searching" find . -name Makefile -type f -print -exec echo -n "." \; >... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vercsab
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Find the status of URL

#!/bin/bash timevar=`date +%d-%m-%Y_%H.%M.%S` #-- > Storing Date and Time in a Variable get_contents=`cat urls.txt` #-- > Getting content of website from file. Note the file should not contain any http:// as its already been taken care of echo "Datae-time URL Status code Report" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Grep

Hi, I am very new to bash scripting and I need to write a bash script that takes two arguments, a string and a file. The output should be each line which matches the string *from the beginning of the line*. For example, given a string "ANA" the line starting with "ANABEL" will be printed, but... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jboy
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with grep and read function in a BASH Script

I'm putting together a script that will search my mail archives for emails that meet certain criteria and output the files to a text file. I can manually cat that text file and pipe it into sendmail and it will work (i.e. cat /pathtofile/foo.txt | sendmail -t me@company.com) My script sends... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using grep in bash script

When it comes to programing and UNIX, I know just enough to be really really dangerous. I have written a python script to parse through a file that contains ~1 million lines. Depending on whether a certain string is matched, the line is copied into a particular file. For the sake of brevity,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: errcricket
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe to grep doesn't work in bash script

Hi, I'm trying to write a script that checks gvfs to see if a mount exists so I can run it from network-manager's status hooks. I thought I'd pipe the output of gvfs-mount -l to grep for the particular mounts I care about. When I do this in a bash script: cmnd="gvfs-mount -l | grep -i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcstrom
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Grep in bash script

Hi Experts, I'm writing script to find out last files and its modified date - unfortunately am having problem with the below script. Error message: "grep: sales.txt: No such file or directory" #!/bin/bash var=1 var1=`awk '{n++} END {print n}' sales.txt` while ] do prod=$var... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep in a loop using a bash script?

Dear all, Please help with the following. I have a file, let's call it data.txt, that has 3 columns and approx 700,000 lines, and looks like this: rs1234 A C rs1236 T G rs2345 G T Please use code tags as required by forum rules! I have a second file, called reference.txt,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aberg
1 Replies
play_midi(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						play_midi(3alleg4)

NAME
play_midi - Starts playing the specified MIDI file. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int play_midi(MIDI *midi, int loop); DESCRIPTION
Starts playing the specified MIDI file, first stopping whatever music was previously playing. If the loop flag is set to non-zero, the data will be repeated until replaced with something else, otherwise it will stop at the end of the file. Passing a NULL pointer will stop what- ever music is currently playing. RETURN VALUE
Returns non-zero if an error occurs (this may happen if a patch-caching wavetable driver is unable to load the required samples, or at least it might in the future when somebody writes some patch-caching wavetable drivers :-) SEE ALSO
install_sound(3alleg4), load_midi(3alleg4), play_looped_midi(3alleg4), stop_midi(3alleg4), midi_pause(3alleg4), midi_seek(3alleg4), midi_pos(3alleg4), midi_time(3alleg4), midi_msg_callback(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 play_midi(3alleg4)