Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Can I run Perkin Elmer software on SCO ? Post 302371318 by jgt on Saturday 14th of November 2009 07:30:28 AM
Old 11-14-2009
Generally speaking yes.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i set up Software disk mirroring(Raid1) in SCO 5.0.5 with two SCSI harddisk ?

thank u very much, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coralsea
1 Replies

2. SCO

Software router on SCO Unixware 2.X

Hi, I am trying to setup an old SCO Unix 2.x box to act as a router. I have got 2 network cards in the box. As far as I know, I need to setup "ip forwarding" and "routes". Can anyone tell me how to setup "ip forwarding" on SCO Unixware 2.X? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenir
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netscape - What version will run on SCO Unix v3.2 2 Release 5

This question has been resolved. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: system77
0 Replies

4. SCO

I need a box to run SCO 3.2 5.0.5 i386 with...

need it to be able to run Seagate STT8000A tape drive. Any suggestions where to go. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Gomes
5 Replies

5. SCO

Recommendation for hardware to run SCO OSR 5.0.7 natively

Looking for a modern server to run SCO OSR 5.0.7 without VM (native), h/w must have manufacturers warranty. Requirements would be to accommodate light loads of up to 15 users, app does not take more than 30 - 40 MB of RAM and data stored takes up to 15 - 20 GB, no internet connections... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies
ypwhich(1yp)															      ypwhich(1yp)

Name
       ypwhich - determine which host is the current YP server or map master.

Syntax
       ypwhich [-d domain] [-V1] [-V2] [hostname]
       ypwhich [-d domain] [-m mname][-t]]
       ypwhich -x

Description
       The  command  identifies the YP server that currently supplies yellow pages services to a YP client.  It also identifies which YP server is
       the master for a map.  If invoked without arguments, returns the host name of the YP server for the local machine.  If hostname	is  speci-
       fied, checks that machine to find out which YP master it is using.

Refer to and for an overview of the yellow pages.

Options
       -V1
	  Identifies which server is serving v.1 YP protocol-speaking client processes.

-V2
	  Identifies which server is serving v.2 YP protocol-speaking client processes.

If  neither  version is specified, attempts to locate the server that supplies the current v.2 services.  If there is no v.2 server cur-
	  rently bound, attempts to locate the server supplying the v.1 services.  Since YP servers and YP clients are both  backward  compatible,
	  the user need seldom be concerned about which version is currently in use.

-d Uses domain instead of the current domain.

-m mname
	  Finds  the  master YP server for a map.  No hostname can be specified with -m.  The mname argument can be a mapname, or a nickname for a
	  map.

-t Inhibits nickname translation and is useful if there is a mapname identical to a nickname.

-x Displays the map nickname table.  This option lists the nicknames (mnames) that the command knows of, and indicates the mapname  associ-
	  ated with each nickname.

See Also
       ypfiles(5yp), rpcinfo(8nfs), ypserv(8yp), ypsetup(8yp)

ypwhich(1yp)