Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script Needed to Read a text from a list files Post 302371245 by kashriram on Friday 13th of November 2009 06:44:25 PM
Old 11-13-2009
Thanks a lot for your help, support and time. I will try this command and will get back shortly. Once again Thanks a LOT.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file and remove these files in multiple directories

I have a large list of filenames from an Excel sheet, which I then translate into a simple text file. I'd like to use this list, which contains various file extensions , to archive these files and then remove them recursively through multiple directories and subdirectories. So far, it looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in a shell script for printing files

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to print all the files in a particular folder. This script is on solaris server . I am using the lp command to send the requests . lp -d printername filename . The output I get is the request id. Is there any way I can use the request Id to determine if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahshilpa
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: Script/Function needed to read text property files in block wise

Hi, Iam in a need for a script/function in KSH where I want to read a text file (property file) in block by block. Here is the example: Heading Name Descripton Block Block1 Value1 Description Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysreenivas
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the data from the text file in shell script?

I am having one text file and i need to read that data from my shell script. I will expain you the scenario: Script look like: For name type 1: For age type 2: For Salary type3: echo "Enter the input:" read the data if input is 1 then go to the Text file and print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read two text files in the same shell script

Folks i have written two scripts that do reading of csv files , i am currently fetching the all part of the line in to variables and braking the line into several variables. I am doing the same thing in an another shell script, i want to integrate both the scripts in to a single one where i can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help needed(lookup 2 text files)

Hi, iam new to unix scripting need a help. The scenario is i have 2 text files. a.txt has colA colB colC colD JKU1270A JKU1042A 9 1 JKU1270A JKU1042B 9 1 JKU1270A JKU1042C 9 1 JKU1270B JKU1107B 9 1 JKU1270B JKU1107C 9 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to read txt file and do some modification

Hi ...programmers... I need a shell script to perform some specific task.. my txt file looks like this netcdf new { dimensions: XAX1_11 = 11 ; variables: double XAX1_11(XAX1_11) ; XAX1_11:point_spacing = "even" ; XAX1_11:axis = "X" ; float DEPTH(XAX1_11) ;... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
19 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to append desired text to each line in a file

Hi, I had generated a report in my tool as followsoutput.txt 43.35 9 i needed the script to generate a new file like below i want to append the text to each of these lines of my filenewoutputfile.txt should be Total Amount : 43.35 Record Count:9 Regards, Vasa Saikumar. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script needed for comparing two files

Hi, I need shell script to compare the two files based on certain fields and output should contains the required fields based on result.pls find sample input files and required output file 1 COUNT, BNG_IP,PORT,OVLAN 22 , 10.238.60.129,1/1,2009 144 , 10.238.60.129,1/1,2251 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
5 Replies
DMX(3)							     Library Functions Manual							    DMX(3)

NAME
DMX - X Window System DMX (Distributed Multihead X) extension DESCRIPTION
The DMX extension provides support for communication with and control of Xdmx(1) server. Attributes of the Xdmx(1) server and of the back- end screens attached to the server can be queried and modified via this protocol. SUMMARY OF LIBRARY FUNCTIONS
The following is a summary of DMX library functions: DMXQueryExtension(3) - determine if DMX is available DMXQueryVersion(3) - determine DMX extension version DMXSync(3) - flush protocol requests between Xdmx(1) and back-end X servers DMXForceWindowCreation(3) - force immediate back-end window creation DMXGetScreenCount(3) - determine number of back-end screens DMXGetScreenAttributes(3) - determine back-end screen attributes DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3) - change back-end screen attributes DMXAddScreen(3) - attach a new back-end screen DMXRemoveScreen(3) - detach a back-end screen DMXGetWindowAttributes(3) - determine back-end window attributes DMXGetDesktopAttributes(3) - determine global bounding box DMXChangeDesktopAttributes(3) - change global bounding box DMXGetInputCount(3) - determine number of input devices DMXGetInputAttributes(3) - determine input device attributes DMXAddInput(3) - attach a new backend or console input DMXRemoveInput(3) - detach an input DMXAddBackendInput(3) - attach a new back-end input DMXAddConsoleInput(3) - attach a new console input Each of these functions is described in its own man page. SEE ALSO
Xdmx(1), xdmxconfig(1), vdltodmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.1.2 DMX(3)