Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script Needed to Read a text from a list files Post 302371186 by Scott on Friday 13th of November 2009 02:30:42 PM
Old 11-13-2009
I think you're question is worded strangly, but based on what I think you want:

Code:
awk '
  /find1/ { P = 1 }
  P && /find2/ { print FILENAME; P = 0; nextfile}
' file*

Replace file* with your list of filenames, and find1 and find2 based on what you're looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file and remove these files in multiple directories

I have a large list of filenames from an Excel sheet, which I then translate into a simple text file. I'd like to use this list, which contains various file extensions , to archive these files and then remove them recursively through multiple directories and subdirectories. So far, it looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in a shell script for printing files

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to print all the files in a particular folder. This script is on solaris server . I am using the lp command to send the requests . lp -d printername filename . The output I get is the request id. Is there any way I can use the request Id to determine if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahshilpa
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: Script/Function needed to read text property files in block wise

Hi, Iam in a need for a script/function in KSH where I want to read a text file (property file) in block by block. Here is the example: Heading Name Descripton Block Block1 Value1 Description Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysreenivas
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the data from the text file in shell script?

I am having one text file and i need to read that data from my shell script. I will expain you the scenario: Script look like: For name type 1: For age type 2: For Salary type3: echo "Enter the input:" read the data if input is 1 then go to the Text file and print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read two text files in the same shell script

Folks i have written two scripts that do reading of csv files , i am currently fetching the all part of the line in to variables and braking the line into several variables. I am doing the same thing in an another shell script, i want to integrate both the scripts in to a single one where i can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help needed(lookup 2 text files)

Hi, iam new to unix scripting need a help. The scenario is i have 2 text files. a.txt has colA colB colC colD JKU1270A JKU1042A 9 1 JKU1270A JKU1042B 9 1 JKU1270A JKU1042C 9 1 JKU1270B JKU1107B 9 1 JKU1270B JKU1107C 9 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to read txt file and do some modification

Hi ...programmers... I need a shell script to perform some specific task.. my txt file looks like this netcdf new { dimensions: XAX1_11 = 11 ; variables: double XAX1_11(XAX1_11) ; XAX1_11:point_spacing = "even" ; XAX1_11:axis = "X" ; float DEPTH(XAX1_11) ;... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
19 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to append desired text to each line in a file

Hi, I had generated a report in my tool as followsoutput.txt 43.35 9 i needed the script to generate a new file like below i want to append the text to each of these lines of my filenewoutputfile.txt should be Total Amount : 43.35 Record Count:9 Regards, Vasa Saikumar. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script needed for comparing two files

Hi, I need shell script to compare the two files based on certain fields and output should contains the required fields based on result.pls find sample input files and required output file 1 COUNT, BNG_IP,PORT,OVLAN 22 , 10.238.60.129,1/1,2009 144 , 10.238.60.129,1/1,2251 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
5 Replies
PYGETTEXT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PYGETTEXT(1)

NAME
pygettext - Python equivalent of xgettext(1) SYNOPSIS
pygettext [OPTIONS] INPUTFILE ... DESCRIPTION
pygettext is deprecated. The current version of xgettext supports many languages, including Python. pygettext uses Python's standard tokenize module to scan Python source code, generating .pot files identical to what GNU xgettext generates for C and C++ code. From there, the standard GNU tools can be used. pygettext searches only for _() by default, even though GNU xgettext recognizes the following keywords: gettext, dgettext, dcgettext, and gettext_noop. See the -k/--keyword flag below for how to augment this. OPTIONS
-a, --extract-all Extract all strings. -d, --default-domain=NAME Rename the default output file from messages.pot to name.pot. -E, --escape Replace non-ASCII characters with octal escape sequences. -D, --docstrings Extract module, class, method, and function docstrings. These do not need to be wrapped in _() markers, and in fact cannot be for Python to consider them docstrings. (See also the -X option). -h, --help Print this help message and exit. -k, --keyword=WORD Keywords to look for in addition to the default set, which are: _ You can have multiple -k flags on the command line. -K, --no-default-keywords Disable the default set of keywords (see above). Any keywords explicitly added with the -k/--keyword option are still recognized. --no-location Do not write filename/lineno location comments. -n, --add-location Write filename/lineno location comments indicating where each extracted string is found in the source. These lines appear before each msgid. The style of comments is controlled by the -S/--style option. This is the default. -o, --output=FILENAME Rename the default output file from messages.pot to FILENAME. If FILENAME is `-' then the output is sent to standard out. -p, --output-dir=DIR Output files will be placed in directory DIR. -S, --style=STYLENAME Specify which style to use for location comments. Two styles are supported: o Solaris # File: filename, line: line-number o GNU #: filename:line The style name is case insensitive. GNU style is the default. -v, --verbose Print the names of the files being processed. -V, --version Print the version of pygettext and exit. -w, --width=COLUMNS Set width of output to columns. -x, --exclude-file=FILENAME Specify a file that contains a list of strings that are not be extracted from the input files. Each string to be excluded must appear on a line by itself in the file. -X, --no-docstrings=FILENAME Specify a file that contains a list of files (one per line) that should not have their docstrings extracted. This is only useful in conjunction with the -D option above. If `INPUTFILE' is -, standard input is read. BUGS
pygettext attempts to be option and feature compatible with GNU xgettext where ever possible. However some options are still missing or are not fully implemented. Also, xgettext's use of command line switches with option arguments is broken, and in these cases, pygettext just defines additional switches. AUTHOR
pygettext is written by Barry Warsaw <barry@zope.com>. Joonas Paalasmaa <joonas.paalasmaa@iki.fi> put this manual page together based on "pygettext --help". pygettext 1.4 PYGETTEXT(1)